Anyone with 300 RUM plus p

smoked

I am having my REM sendero 700 300 rum turned into a rum plus p. The rifle will have the factory sendero stock bedded, action trued, and a 30 inch hart plus slab break with timney trigger. Topped off with a nightforce 5.5-22x50 nsx and egw 20moa rail.This rifle should be able to be a repeater with 230 hybrid target bullets. Anyone else here shoot one. Defensive edge is working on the rifle. I lost accuracy with the factory setup and it came on quick. I hope this thing is a monster. Im not too worried about barrel life.

Never heard of it.

That said Shawn, knows his stuff. He does have this +P thing worked out.

Just follow his direction on your loads.

Why ???? It serves no purpose other than cause you to buy barrels by the half dozen !! I hardly think any game animal will notice the 100 fps difference and an extra click or two will take care of the drop difference.

Why ???? It serves no purpose other than cause you to buy barrels by the half dozen !! I hardly think any game animal will notice the 100 fps difference and an extra click or two will take care of the drop difference.
Because I can. Because it annoys people like you. Because I cant stand 30-06 performance. Because 100 fps is a big deal at 2k yds. Because 52.25 minutes to 2k yds. Because 5600lbs at the muzzle. Because 2550lbs at 1k. Because 1025lbs at 2k. Because its fun. You apparently dont get enough smiles out of a lb of powder. I already stated I didnt care much about barrel life. I bet it will still last 3-4 hard years. I will be bored by then and onto something else.

Because I can. Because it annoys people like you. Because I cant stand 30-06 performance. Because 100 fps is a big deal at 2k yds. Because 52.25 minutes to 2k yds. Because 5600lbs at the muzzle. Because 2550lbs at 1k. Because 1025lbs at 2k. Because its fun. You apparently dont get enough smiles out of a lb of powder. I already stated I didnt care much about barrel life. I bet it will still last 3-4 hard years. I will be bored by then and onto something else.
Push that Thang!!! :)

Yeah, it's different than paying taxes. We spend our funds on guns for the enjoyment.
I own a 25 RUM. Likely 1/2 the barrel life of a 300 RUM.
When people ask me why, I tell them I can wait until after their shot to pull my trigger and my bullet will still hit the 800yd gong before theirs.
They look at me like I'm a mental case, and it's the end of the conversation.o_O

I don't know how fast you want to go with a 225-230.... Most of us that are using rl33 are already getting 3,000-3,1000 fps out of our 300rum rifles. I'm doing 3K with a mag length load; I am not even hitting it that hard. I'd rather loaf a bigger chambering a bit and get some life out of it than worry about the last possible fps.

You probably ought to be using pressure gauges if you are pushing your little toy that hard anyway. Most who are pushing hard are actually somewhat over pressure.

btw, acting snotty doesn't really help your point; it just makes you seem arrogant. We all get that shorter time of flite makes hits easier at range. Most of us simply don't need that crutch or don't care.

Last edited:
I don't know how fast you want to go with a 225-230.... Most of us that are using rl33 are already getting 3,000-3,1000 fps out of our 300rum rifles. I'm doing 3K with a mag length load; I am not even hitting it that hard. I'd rather loaf a bigger chambering a bit and get some life out of it than worry about the last possible fps.

You probably ought to be using pressure gauges if you are pushing your little toy that hard anyway. Most who are pushing hard are actually somewhat over pressure.

btw, acting snotty doesn't really help your point; it just makes you seem arrogant. We all get that shorter time of flite makes hits easier at range. Most of us simply don't need that crutch or don't care.
I dont really understand what you are saying. Basically you just said you overload your rum to reach 3100 fps. Also claim your not hitting it hard.Then claim I need guages. I take it you have guages? Mag length load of rl33 would be crazy compressed with a 230. At least in a 26 inch barrel it took me around 104gr to achieve 3100. Yes I can be arrogant when someone comes to my post to bitch at me for something they dont like. Kinda like a liberal in politics. While I whole heartedly agree on being arrogant you should read your ignorant post. Back to the rifle. The plus p design is so you can achieve those overloaded velocities without the overpressure. Berger manual says 84.8 grains of H1000 in a 26 inch tube should produce 2766 fps. DE load data shows an accuracy load of 90gr H1000. Velocity on that load is just over 3100 fps. This is with normal Rum Pressure. No brass damage, no heavy bolt, no bs with a gain of 330 fps. I am sorry you are bent on people trying to improve ballistics but to people like me this is awesome. As far as needing a crutch like a flat shooting round I guess sure I like it. My clients wont miss as much and more game is anchored in its tracks because there is less guesswork.(My bad) The next steps with this rifle will be testing the rest of what H1000 has to offer then it will be Retumbo then RL33. Just think about the velocity gain a standard 26 inch rum made with RL33. Now add the plus p design and a 30 inch tube.

In all honesty, I run a 230 Hybrid @ 3068fps in my .300RUM from a 28" Rock Creek, but they are loaded pretty hot over Retumbo but seated to fit a Wyatt's extended box.

Last edited:

In all honesty, I run a 230 Hybrid @ 3068fps in my .300RUM from a 28" Rock Creek, but they are loaded pretty hot over Retumbo but seated to fit a Wyatt's extended box.
Yes and rl33 would put you over 3100. The plus p is doing it with h1000. That being said I imagine retumbo will be 3150-32plus and rl33 case capacity pending could be around 3300. Testing will tell. Or it blows up and I have to buy another rifle lol I dont recommend anyone following my personal load data. Only what is published.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts