Anyone using Sierra 140gr SBT in their 6.5 Creed for hunting?

I have killed 3 deer with a 22" 6.5 creedmoor and 140 Gameking. My loads were with RL 26 at 2.845" COAL and around 2850fps. All three deer dropped in their tracks even one at around 120yds with a posterior lung shot. Honestly there are no flies on the 140 Gameking.

I think in the 6.5 creedmoor for short and long the 130 game changer is the better bullet at 2900fps but I have no problem with any of the 6.5mm Sierra bullets on deer.
Sweet! I had 3 lbs of RL 26 sitting on my shelves not being used for anything so that's what I've got under the Game Kings right now. My COAL is nowhere near as long as yours though....even at .020" off the lands, but I sure liked the velocity I saw when I ran a pressure test. Was gonna do an OCW shoot today, but the dang wind was blowing at 20mph gusting to nearly 40mph. Needless to say ZERO shooting was accomplished....or anything outside for that matter. Admittedly, I just grabbed up a couple boxes of these Sierra's because my local GS had them and he needs all the help he can get right now. Once the season is over I'll probably look into the Berger 140gr offerings. The 130 Hybrids just didn't work out for whatever weird reason. 🤔

Sweet! I had 3 lbs of RL 26 sitting on my shelves not being used for anything so that's what I've got under the Game Kings right now. My COAL is nowhere near as long as yours though....even at .020" off the lands, but I sure liked the velocity I saw when I ran a pressure test. Was gonna do an OCW shoot today, but the dang wind was blowing at 20mph gusting to nearly 40mph. Needless to say ZERO shooting was accomplished....or anything outside for that matter. Admittedly, I just grabbed up a couple boxes of these Sierra's because my local GS had them and he needs all the help he can get right now. Once the season is over I'll probably look into the Berger 140gr offerings. The 130 Hybrids just didn't work out for whatever weird reason. 🤔
I think you'll love the Sierra's it's a great bullet for deer.

A search on this didn't reveal much. That in itself tells me a little bit. However, is anyone using these for hunting with their 6.5 Creedmoor? I just couldn't get the Berger 130gr Hybrids to shoot consistently in my rifle and my local GS has the Sierra's in stock. Gun season opener here is November 14th so I'm a little pressed for time as far as this rifle goes. My .300 Win Mag is ready to rock, but I wanted to use the Creed this year and at least get one deer to it's credit. Barrel is a 24" Shilen 8 twist light varmint profile in a Savage 10 action. Thanks guys (and gals ;))!
I use them in my 279 Win. Deadly! Excellent performance.

Have used for 140 SGK 20 yrs in 260 Rem out to 650 yds with high percentage one shot kills. Very accurate and easy to load.......................6.5 CM hadnt come out yet and is still my go to bullet in both 260/CM........

Have used for 140 SGK 20 yrs in 260 Rem out to 650 yds with high percentage one shot kills. Very accurate and easy to load
Awesome! What seating depth have you found to be optimum for this particular bullet? .020" off the lands seemed to work best in my rifle.

It's amazing how many posters are getting PRC velocities from their Creedmoor rifles. I've been running 140gr class bullets at 3,000 ft/sec in my PRC but have noticed that some rifles can get there in the smaller case Creed.
I must be a rather conservative reloader. LOL

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.