Anyone using RL-26 w/ 270WSM?

clark33

I'm curious if anyone has some feedback on the 270WSM using RL-26? I use 140gr Accubonds and would be interested in any info on this powder with this caliber.

I use it on a 6.5wsm I neck down from a 270wsm so pretty similar. It works great for me. I ended up at 60.7 grains with fed 215. 3080. Great es and accuracy. Like 11 fps and .2-.3 all day

Awesome, Thank you!

How'd you go about figuring out where to start with your charge? Maybe my google skills are lacking but I'm having trouble finding any starting point info for this powder and caliber.

Alaint might have it on there website. RL26 is a touch faster than H1000 so I went 1.5 grains less than H1000 and loaded up in .2 grain increaments. Found 60.3-61 had an es of 8 and picked the middle. Never ran it higher.

I use it now with 270WSM, 130g TTSX fed 215 primer Norma cases. Very high velocity good accuracy. It was the best velocity out of all the powders I tried. I don't have the charge weights in front of me. I'll post them later.

I'm curious if anyone has some feedback on the 270WSM using RL-26? I use 140gr Accubonds and would be interested in any info on this powder with this caliber.
I've found such a good load for my Tikka 270WSM with IMR4350 that I've never tried any other powders.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.