Anyone use Richard Microfit Stocks?

Captn C

I live in the outdoors, but ihave to stay in the H
I went to their web site last night and they have some nice target/tactical type stocks...some real nice patterns in a laminate too. They have one pattern that I like a bunch that is on "special" right now...thumb hole...finger grooves...vented forend...for only $150!

I would like to add some weight to LSS 7mmRUM I bought last week. I'd rather not put a muzzle break on it. It is very lite right now and I bet it's gong to beat ya up pretty bad. I just finished beding and floating last night. I also install a Limb-Saver recoil pad as well. I hope to get some range time with it next week.

Anyway...any have any opinions on how they feel? Are their designs similar to the big names in the stock market?

I have 2 of there stocks and will not have any more. Thet are way to much work to get to fit right.

I have one and will probably not get another. They are nice stocks but as Lost Creek said they require a great deal of work.
James

Send Joel Russo a PM and ask to see some of his stocks. You get to choose your color pattern and many of the things like the fore end width can be changed. It might cost a little more but you get great service and a stock that is the way you want it.

Captn C

I have 2 Richards, a Tactical and a Culbertson both are very nice shooting stock especially prone. Both however took a ton of work to get finished.

I also have one of Joels stocks and another one on order right now. If you want a laminate do yourself a favor and talk to Joel, easy to talk to and work with and can order any color you want.

Chris

I have used three of their stocks two came inletted and needed alot of work to make them strait but it worked out for the best very labor intensive though , the third was a fully contured stock that I requested they not inlet so I could do it myself ,it was a very nice "sporster style" in a grade A walnut with ebony tip and grip cap , the gun finished out very nice with 28lpi checkering and a very very deep coat of hand rubbed oil. I built this gun for a very close friend/doctor of the family who I'll be indebted to for ever.

That said this gun probably ended up being the finest thing I have ever put together and the labor in the stock alone would likely cost close to $1000 to do again but the end result woul make most of the custom Dakota's I've seen look like they belong in Wal-Mart.

So if your willing to do the work they can make nice stocks

Will I ever order from them again , not a chance in hell since dealing with Joel Russo !!

I tried ordering a richards benchrest stock 16 weeks ago they said it would take 13 weeks, 15 went buy didn't hear anything from them. I tried calling them for 4 days till I got thru and it was going to be another 3 weeks till I recieved it. I cancelled the order and order a Shehane tracker on friday and recieved it on tuesday and there will be hardly any finish sanding and minor fitting and it will be ready to shoot.
My buddy just sent me pics of his Russo that he recieved tuesday and it was great also.

Richards Microfit

I ordered their benchrest style stock awhile back. As mentioned they do require work. However I am very pleased with mine and at a bargin price to boot. My friend ordered a fancy AAA walnut stock from them and it was un inletted but turned out really nice and the wood was very nice. These are not drop in stocks but if you can do some sanding painting and glass bedding I think they are worth considering.

Lance

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.