Anyone use oxphoblue

Hello all, one of my best shooters , a 1940 ish husqvarna m38 has lost most of its bluing and i want to clean it up. I have checked out a couple of youtube videos but can't get a great view of the outcome. Anybody here try this with respectable results? Thanx
I dont know, but you better have a prescription for it ! The Gov is really cracking down on that stuff :D

Oxpho is great for touch up or even a complete gun, while it's durability is superior to other cold blue it's still a cold blue that will not good up as well as hot blue, I stated work in a machine shop back in the 70's we used cold blue on many of the parts we manufactured, we bought in bulk, I blued a old mauser, I completely stripped in down and polished it out and degreased, the finished product looked absolutely great, however by the end of opening weekend of deer season that fall the receiver and floorplate were showing white from being held in my hand after just two days of hunting, some time later i bead blasted same gun and blued again hoping the blue would hold better to the textured finish of the metal, again looked great upon completion but just didn't last long,

We'll after letting my son do his pellet gun first , and then his arisaka, i went after the bluing of the swede mauser, i used just enough heat and 4/0 steel wool and am very pleased. Very easy and done in an hour.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.