Anyone use a Sig Tango 6 5-30x56 ?!!

jeepnsammys

they look great everything ive read sounds great but id like to here from someone who has one of these and what they think. how do they compare to the night force, vortex etc...

Mounted mine Monday but weather too bad to go out and spend the time to shoot and compare. All my other optics are higher priced so this will not win but may be a good buy for the bucks.

Mounted mine Monday but weather too bad to go out and spend the time to shoot and compare. All my other optics are higher priced so this will not win but may be a good buy for the bucks.

Any updayes on comparison? Specifically glass quality?

Unfortunately, after mounting I found my Redding FL die for my .260 Ackley was incompatible with my chamber so I had to order a custom FL from Whidden. Probably 3 weeks longer to get it and finally get to the bench, Looking through the glass around home is non conclusive. I just ordered the Horrus targets for testing and evaluating a scopes click values over distance so at least I now have them.

Glass is definitely not Nightforce level quality but I won't be able to really tell till getting out to 500 and 600 yards. I will be surprised if it does what I need out to 1500 but can't wait to see.

Wish I could help those in limbo with a real evaluation.

from the little digging ive done it sounds like
the tango 4 is made in China and the tango 6 is japan.
probably made in the same place as vortex??
also heard that they used some guys from leupold and Kahles to build them.

The one i looked at was a tango 6 5-30 i believe.. Great reticle and a solid scope from the first look.

Tango 6 is Japan. I just received my Horrus charts for checking out the scope clicks. Will use this weekend since I can't shoot it yet!

First impressions are a good value for the real money they are trading at.

Unfortunately, after mounting I found my Redding FL die for my .260 Ackley was incompatible with my chamber so I had to order a custom FL from Whidden. Probably 3 weeks longer to get it and finally get to the bench, Looking through the glass around home is non conclusive. I just ordered the Horrus targets for testing and evaluating a scopes click values over distance so at least I now have them.

Glass is definitely not Nightforce level quality but I won't be able to really tell till getting out to 500 and 600 yards. I will be surprised if it does what I need out to 1500 but can't wait to see.

Wish I could help those in limbo with a real evaluation.

What is the glass comparable to? SuperSniper?

I am probably not the one best to review the glass quality because all my other scopes are quite a bit more money. I noticed early that there was a fuzziness particularly at distances. I missed a groundhog at 1130 yds yesterday but not because of the scope. The fuziness was way too much for a serious extreme scope,

Turrets are great and repeatable, dot crosshair is the bomb, but xhairs are too thick for my extreme distance shooting.

The Sig Kilo was crystal clear at all ranges and is my new go to for distance calcs.

If your distances are more normal such as normal varmint shooting, this in a good at the prices asked now.

If you like your sound system and listen to another one at twice the money, you will understand what I mean.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.