Sig Tango 6 scopes

Rockin90

Anyone have any experience with these? I have been looking at the 33-18x44 and the 44-20x50 models. Most reviews seem to be good. Just wondering if any of you have one and what you think.

Anyone have any experience with these? I have been looking at the 33-18x44 and the 44-20x50 models. Most reviews seem to be good. Just wondering if any of you have one and what you think.
I've got the 3-18 model with the moa milling reticle. The scope is clear, light gathering is good for a 44mm object. The turrets are very soft. It's hard to distinguish separate clicks if you turn it fast at all. The illumination is great for bright light on low power. Washes the target out some in low light even on its lowest setting. I have not run a tracking test on mine yet but just from dialing in for hunting purposes it tracked exactly what I dialed it. The thing I dislike the most is the weight. My rifle was built as a all around hunting rifle and the 38+oz on top of it makes it top heavy and kinda a pain to carry. I was able to use it this year to make my longest shot on game so far at 600 yards on a whitetail deer. I've compared it side by side, at the local bass pro, with the PST gen 2 and the Leupold VX-6HD. The glass in the sig was noticeably better than the PST, seemed as good as the vx6 in the conditions I had. Overall seems like a good scope for the money if you can stand the weight. I'm still debating on selling mine for a lighter scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.