Anyone shooting the 7 LRM

the 93 grain charge is showing pressure on second reloads. primer pockets loosening up slightly. thats only pressure signs we finding. no sticky bolt or cracked casings

I ordered a 27" w a break. They are still working in the build so I have no good info on speed or how it shoots.

I ordered a 27" w a break. They are still working in the build so I have no good info on speed or how it shoots.

What twist did u go with 1in9. I have a 1in 8.5 I'd like to try may loose a little speed but I could gain some back by adding length to the barrel.

Will John keep the reamer the reason I ask is I have thought of buying a reamer myself. I have all parts ready for a build just haven't picked which 7 I like best.

On another note what barrel twist did you go with. I have two 1 8.5 Bart's and was thinking the new 195 berger would be pretty good out of that round.

Sorry I have not answered back. A little shoulder surgery has had me a little under the weather.

I really don't know just how the reamer situation stands at this point. Jon is a stand up guy and I'm sure we'll have no trouble working that out.

As far as the barrel Jon recommended a 1 in 9 Bartlien so thats what I went with. I intend to shoot the 180's, Berger or A max, out of this one. Thats where I intend to start but other avenues are always available.

I have a 7mm LRM from Gunwerks. Shoots unbelievable groups. I have not gotten into the loading part yet for the new gun as I still have some Gunwerks ammo from when I bought the gun but I could not be happier. The recommended load from Gunwerks with the rifle was 72 grains of H-1000 with 180 grain Berger Hybrids.

Unfortunately I did not get to shoot anything with it this season so I cannot speak of the terminal performance on game but the 180 grain Berger's heading out of the tube at 2998fps shoot like a dream and hit their mark well past the thousand yard mark every time. The gun only has a 25.5' barrel on it so I am sure if you are going with a longer barrel you will definitely pick up some velocity. Not sure why they advertise 3100fps on their website because I have a friend who also bought a 7mm LRM and its clocking right at 2999 fps and that is what is on the adjustable turret. Honestly when a gun shoots as well as the LR-1000 does I don't think 100 fps makes that big a difference.

My first five shots out of the gun went like this:
1st shot at 100 yards just to make sure of the zero, dead center left and right 1" high
2nd and 3rd shot at 710 yards 3" dead left of center and 4.5" left of center 2.5 inches high
4th and 5th shots at 960 yards 10" left of center and then 10" left of center and three inches high
The left of center was due to the wind. I didn't make any adjustments because I wanted to see how the gun shot! I was very impressed.

I had my grandson who is 18 and a very good shot take a poke at a basketball sized rock this hunting season way up on the side of a canyon wall. He did not believe me when I said he would hit it with the first shot. We laid the rifle over the back of the ATV on a pack and a jacket and he slid into it. I dialed up the yardage off of the rangefinder and we adjusted for the 7 mile per hour wind. Twice he backed out of the gun because he could not get steady on the third try he said it felt good an sent the lead flying. Through the 60 power spotting scope the hole in the face of the basketball sized rock was roughly 4-5" right of center and two inches low. Not bad for his first try at anything over 500 yards. The gun and the caliber are just amazing to shoot. Like I said hopefully next year I can re-post with some long range kills I have made with the rifle and give my thought on the terminal effects of the 180 grain Berger Hybrids.

Looking forward to seeing some photos and range reports.

Well I made the last payment on the gun last week, so hopefully Ryan will have it done next week or the week after. If my gun shoots as good as the one he built for a guy in Nebraska it will be a tackdriver. I shot that gun at 700 yds for my first time and had 3 hits inside a 3" circle, and this was my first time trying to shoot anything over 500 yds.

Maybe the first of next month Ill have a range/hunting report and some pictures to show off.

Help !!!
There was a thread on a wildcat 7mm case a few months ago that I can't find. The person lived in Fl. The thread had the reamer drawing too.

Thanks...hold high and shoot straight gun)gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.