Anyone ringing steel with their SP?

ChrisRhodes

One of my first sessions at the range for the year….now that snow season is fading and mud season is starting.

308 win Nosler, trijicon 3-9 hunter reticle. Slapping steel.
058E215E-2BAA-4127-B593-7CD9B2F55A45.jpeg

Looks like fun, but I've never shot steel w/ my SP's. Currently I'm working up a few loads for SP's in 223 Rem AI (fire forming) and 22 Nosler, as well as my son-in-law and brother-in-law's 204 Ruger.

how far were you ringing at, Chris?
There's something addictive about touching off the trigger, seeing the paint splatter, and then hearing the ringing of the steel

how far were you ringing at, Chris?
There's something addictive about touching off the trigger, seeing the paint splatter, and then hearing the ringing of the steel
In the picture. That's just under 300

Have taken that nosler out to 450 now.

I'll go further when it dries out and the snows gone.

The 308 and 7-08 M48's seem to be pretty scarce. Most of the production runs look to be 6 and 6.5 CM's, with a few 22 Noslers sprinkled in.
My original plan was to pick up a 308 Win M48 when I switched over from Encores. I could not locate one for sale. I ended up with a 6.5 CM for deer then a 22 Nosler for mainly paper punching.
I may still own a 308 one day. The last nearly 8 months I have spent working on an XP100 build, and I have not been looking at Nosler M48's.
Both of my M48's are tack drivers. I am sure that your 308 shoots very well also. Enjoy working with it.
What Bullets and powders are you working with?
I was using 150 Speer SP's in my 7.62x54R Encore. Probably not the best for long range, but worked fine on deer.

Bob R

The 308 and 7-08 M48's seem to be pretty scarce. Most of the production runs look to be 6 and 6.5 CM's, with a few 22 Noslers sprinkled in.
My original plan was to pick up a 308 Win M48 when I switched over from Encores. I could not locate one for sale. I ended up with a 6.5 CM for deer then a 22 Nosler for mainly paper punching.
I may still own a 308 one day. The last nearly 8 months I have spent working on an XP100 build, and I have not been looking at Nosler M48's.
Both of my M48's are tack drivers. I am sure that your 308 shoots very well also. Enjoy working with it.
What Bullets and powders are you working with?
I was using 150 Speer SP's in my 7.62x54R Encore. Probably not the best for long range, but worked fine on deer.

Bob R
I run a 130 ttsx barnes. 2980 fps