Anyone Night Hunting in October?

yote doctor

Started night hunting last Febuary. Does anyone hunt at night this early in the game? And if so, better or worse than say December/ January?

Gonna try regardless but wanted to see what your thoughts are on the matter. My idea on starting now is the result of big game rifle season starting soon and we all know what comes with that.

Thanks

I night hunt all season in addition to daytime hunting. Theres lots of young, un-educated coyotes out right now. It always gets tougher as the season progresses and more hunters are in the field around here. Go call em.

I went out last night just before the front went through. Despite the big winds we called one in on each of two stands. Both came in late at 25-30 mins into the stand. Didnt get either shot as they wouldn't come out of the thick stuff. Had a good time watching them anyway. Plan to go out again soon. Need to get some blood on my new grendel. Go out and call. Good luck.

Greg

Thanks. You talked me into going. Went out last night and had them answering on two stands. Was alone so made it a little more difficult. Result was 0 coyotes but fun to get out.

Got to keep trying

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.