Anyone load pistol bullets on a single stage press?

Did it not chamber?
When that happened I had completely loaded 200 rounds, went to chamber one and it wouldn't chamber, pulled that one out and tried another, this time it would barely chamber and the bolt was super tight. Every single piece was one or the other. I went and bought a case gauge for that caliber and sure enough so was the other 300 pieces

I've always believed in quality over quantity, hence have used a rock chucker as my only press since 1975. Shot IHMSA and NRA pistol for 15+ years. Still use that same old rock chucker. RCBS has sent me the compound linkage block because I wore out the first one (no charge ) their customer service is second to none!

Oh, by the way, I do have a box of factory 45 ACP on my shelf for my 2 legged Critter gun. Just for liability purposes. The only factory ( other than rimfire) ammo that I've shot since 1975.
Yep ☝️, quality is first and foremost

For small quantities like low volume shooters like 44mag etc a single stage works fine for me. I don't shoot enough to justify the setup cost and time to get setup to reload on a progressive.

For 9mm, 45acp, etc...I used a single stage for a very brief time before getting a progressive press. Just too tedious on a single stage, and the time invested didn't justify the cost savings.

I bought a KKM 7" barrel and it has a Trijicon sight. The beauty of the Barnes bullet is it won't explode and it'll travel deep because it keeps it's weight. My shots will be 40 yards or closer. I don't think a pass through will be an issue.View attachment 470704
Nice, I wouldn't mind upgrading from my Gen3 G20c to this. I bought a 6" Storm Lake barrel for mine years ago.

Until recently, I loaded everything on a '70s vintage Rock Chucker. I recently added a Forester Co-Ax for my precision-long gun. The Chucker still is my go-to for my handguns. I cast my bullets for most of my handgun shooting, preferring Keith-style hard-cast semi-wadcutters. I do, however, shoot jacketed factory bullets in my semi-autos, not wanting to go the custom throat work to guarantee no feed issues. I do think that for defense work, the jacketed HP's for the semis would be an asset. Still, I think a 250-grain Keith semi-wadcutter out of my S&W 25 .45 colt would definitely ruin a "bad guys" day.