• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Anyone knowsLorenzo Amos from Texas ?

Dimitrios

Lorenzo Amos from Texas
he screwed 3 sniperhide members and it could be more in other forums
his handle was coondawg(in Sniper hide)
tell your friends and neigbors in other gun forums we are looking for others in our situation
We have sent paperwork to the postal instectors
if there are more out there we could get in conduct and maybe do something more than that, like legal action in small claims court
If this post is in violation of forum rules please inform me and i will delete
Thank you

[ 11-08-2004: Message edited by: Dimitrios ]

RTownsend,

Did you send him a USPS money order? If so take the stub to the post office and explain what happened. I believe it would be considered mail fraud and they could possibly point you in the right direction.

If it comes to a point where you could press charges HANG HIM! Keep posting his name on various boards so all gun enthusiasts can remember this *** in the event he changes his handle.

Frank D

Contact the District Attorney in the County where you sent the money. Most DA's have a consumer fraud division that can take your complaint over the phone. If you can provide an e-mail address, post office box and other information, the DA can probably subpoena the internet account and get and address, identity and so on. We'll use his b*!lls at the next egg shoot! A thief is a thief.

Hey I know him,he's a truck driver out of San Antoino, he is on the Predator Posse and is well liked over there. I have had one deal with him and meet him in Houston and got my scope from him.

I have been told that he has pulled a lot of bad deals and to stay away from him.

So What has he done now??

300 Shooter

Demarpaint - I paid by check. I guess I just trusted too much. We've already filed mail fraud forms on him. It seems like they aren't going to do anything because of the amount of money involved.

This is working. We've already found many people that know him and a site he is actively posting on. We also had a person see one of the threads that was about to send this thief some merchandise without prepayment. Thankfully he canceled the transaction.

I'm not forgetting or letting this go. As long as he is out there I'll be pursuing him.

Dirtybob1 - Thanks for the idea. I'll call his local DA very soon. I called his local PD a while back but they said I had to report it to my local PD. I haven't did that yet. I hoped the mail fraud would go somewhere.

Hi Rtownsend,

Glad to hear you won't let it go. I would continue to post your message on every board possible, and cover all bases.

Dirty Bobs advise is on the money, the key is not to give up on him. I would also post on all the boards asking for people to email you of their unfair dealings with this guy, a contact #, and the amount they were screwed out of.

You mentioned QUOTE
frown.gif
We've already filed mail fraud forms on him. It seems like they aren't going to do anything because of the amount of money involved.) Maybe if you can get enough people together, and the dollar amount is high enough the USPS might want to get involved. This guy could actually do some time in jail!

Frank D

Thanks for the ideas Demarpaint

We are almost to the number USPS told us they needed in order to prosecute. Thanks to Dimitrios we may see this guy pay.

Any news on this dead beat? Hope you guys get your money back, and the satisfaction of knowing he might go to jail where he belongs.

Andrew

If you guys don't get anywhere with the USPS, try your states' Attorney General. Many of them have very active consumer fraud investigative units & can cut through alot of the BS. It will help if you can show them a widespread pattern of criminality on several BBs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Recent Posts