• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Texas Hunt

jhendri2

I made this offer last year and had no takers, so I'll make it again. Texas whitetail season is right around the corner, and any ACTIVE member of this forum is welcome to hunt on my place in Rocksprings, TX. I have whitetail, axis (my brother shot a nice one last year), and more **** turkey than I know what to do with. The hunt is about as cheap as you can find, all I ask is that you help with ranch chores, ie digging cactus, feeding etc., if you are physically unable to do this, just bring the beer and will think about it getting done. I can accomodate two hunters for large game and four for turkey. E-mail me for more details. I can guarrantee you won't find a better private land hunt deal than this in Texas
grin.gif

Jim

Jim, that sounds like a heck of an offer. Do you have any hogs? Digging Cactus sounds like some pretty tough work, but drinking beer and talking about it sounds tough as well.
wink.gif

Sorry, no hogs (thankfully). Digging cactus is actually pretty easy work.

Jim

[ 08-10-2002: Message edited by: 338Lapua ]

Jim first thanks for the offer. If you could give me some more details dates hotels ect. maybe I could talk Dave King into making a trip.
Thanks
Al

Al the Texas whitetail season starts Nov 2- Jan 5 for the regular season and Jan 6- 19 for antlerless and spike bucks only.

I hope that you all get to make it, I've talked to Jim and plan on helping out anyway that I can. Maybe we can make some real Texans out of y'all
grin.gif

texas/Jim, When you come down to Texas, is it really mandatory to eat those little peppers (the ones that make jalepenos taste mild)?

ShootMAgain no you don't have to eat the "Chilie Piquin Peppers" but, you do have to drink at least one Lone Star Beer
tongue.gif

If you do eat them remember that they taste just like chicken .

ShootM,

I was actually eating some chile piquins last night. Though it's not mandatory to eat them, we just make you wear a dress until you do
wink.gif
. But, like Texas said, you will have try an LSL (Lone Star Light for all of you foriegners), I think it's a crime to turn down the National Beer of Texas.
grin.gif

Jim

Well said Jim.

What size do you wear SMA?
grin.gif

If you talk Dave into coming and he wont be eating those mild little peppers or drinking(or trying if he doesn't drink) would that make him the King of Queens
grin.gif
?

Really would like to meet you fellows from north of the boarder.

Well, I know for a fact that I'll be back in Texas in September. Don't know where I'll stop but my wife wants to travel across to El Paso on the "Big Roads"!! My sister-in-law lives in Dallas or Houston or one of those other big cities down that way, and I believe I'll need to stop at her place for a short while (Believe me... you don't want to meet her!).

I don't believe I can stop for a hunt or there'll be a another major problem.

I am due back down that way in March for a hog hunt and maybe we can spend a few extra days and try some of those wimpy chilie peppers and then a few Texas beers IMMEDIATELY following.

I'll offer the same thing in turn... want to hunt some Maryland game, come on out. Stay at my place, shoot some of our deer and whatever. Drink some beer and maybe try some of Al's spicy Texas beans.

Dresses are not required attire here as in Texas
smile.gif

Dave I know what you mean! But if you do come on down through here give us a call and maybe we can fix dinner. You can always tell the wife that you want to take her some place EXTRA special for dinner.
wink.gif

I can hear it now..."New York City..." I think I might have to pass on the catus diggin' dress wearin' pepper eatin' huntin' trip. I see why you Texas boys call it "hunting exotics" now. That sounds to be just a little more excitement that I could take in a few short days.
wink.gif
Dave, it's all yours.
grin.gif

Aw Shucks I had a "purty" dress picked out for you already
grin.gif
. Those are some very nice bucks on your homepage. Where are you in the pictures? If you are in them then you knoe how how to wear a Texas dress!
tongue.gif
Y ou didn't say tou were from New York City but if you are we'll let you slide this time. Normally we just get a rope.
grin.gif
Hopefully one day we all can get to meet each other and go hunting up that way. Just remember because we are from Texas and wear boots doesn't mean we own oil wells. We need cheap hunting also.