anyone know about vortex?

Tikkamike

I was looking g at the vortex website they have a reticle called the dead hold reticle or something like that It says something about it being calibrated to your gun. Does that mean its like the Zeiss rapid z where it is adjusted by power setting or do they build it specially for you using your ballistic info.

The dead hold reticle is not calibrated to a specific caliber. It has hashes at MOA marks for elevation at 1.5, 4.5, 7.5 and 11 at its highest magnification. The windage marks are displayed on their website as MOA but they are true mils, I believe. The custom settings to your caliber they are talking about is the ability to order custom turrets for the scope. Any scope in the second focal plane with holdover marks or hashes has a varible value. Meaning these marks yardage value change as the varible is increased or decreased, as I understand it.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.