Anyone have experience with the .250 Savage in a 1:10 barrel?

I'm looking for feedback.

This seems to be an efficient and useful cartridge. Moderate powder use, decent velocities and trajectory, light recoil, long barrel life, useful (300 yard) range for light big game, can also be used with lighter bullets for varmint shooting. I'm surprised it's not more popular... is there something I'm overlooking?

Does anyone here shoot the .250 Savage (.250-3000) using 100+ grain bullets in a modern 1:10 barrel? How's the
accuracy/performance? I'm not particularly interested in the old 1:14 barrels and lighter bullets.
I was able to purchase a remington 700 classic in 250 sav and now it is a 250 sav imp. This loves remington 100 grains and sierra 90 grain hollow points. I shot some 115 sierra bt , I have to just have aim alittle higher and they shoot quite well. I have used some berger 115 hunting vld and I going try to use them for huntinggun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.