Anyone have any luck w/Rem. 700- LR rifles ?

I've seen on several sites some very inexpensive Remington 700 long range , heavy barrel rifles in various calibers. Never looked at one up close, but appear to have obvious rougher exterior finishes on all metal. They are selling for $660 to $750 at Cabelas stores, and seem to be built around 2014-16 time frame. I want to get nephew into long range shooting, and was thinking of picking one up in 7RM, but don't know of anyone who owns/shoots one of these. Afraid of buying one, and it shooting lousy. Just seem so cheap, "price-wise". Just wanted something decent to surprise nephew for his b'day coming up.

H82MISS,
I have the rifle you are asking about. Since, I have a custom 7mag being built by Best Of The West, the Remington is going to get sold if you want it. I bought the rifle in 2011 for my son. He killed a 6x7 elk at 779 yds with this gun (episode featured on BOTW Tv ). The gun is a stainless Sendero, 26" barrel, fluted, Timney trigger (2lbs), spiral muzzle break, Huskemaw single stack BDC scope. The gun has @ 700 rounds through it and will consistently shoot .5moa or better. I'm asking $1600 for the rifle and I'll pay the shipping. LMK if you want it.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.