Anyone got one of the new Zeiss 4-16x50 Victory's

Jon2

Just wondered if anyone has got their hands on one of these yet?

I am seriously thinking of one but haven't heard any reports as yet.

Thanks

JB

Great glass but not a viable long range option unless the most elevation your ever gonna need is 65 CMHM or about 23 MOA. I held one today and played with it a bit. The Hensolt will be a much better option other than the high price tag.

I got one & it's the best piece of glass I have ever looked through!! This is coming from a guy who only used to shoot Schmidt & Bender scopes.

Its crystal clear - things jump right out at you when viewed through this scope. As far as the comment above - mount the scope on a 20 MOA base (recommended by Zeiss) & you'll have all the elevation you need to shoot way out there!!

From Zeiss specs, here is the square adjustment range :

elevation = 59.4" @ 100yds

windage = 43.2" @ 100 yds

Last edited:
Thanks Toader

Just what I was looking for.

I am sure the glass is superb.

I managed to find my way onto the proper Zeiss site (the one that ends in .de) and I have obtained some helpful info.

Apparently this model (subject to avaialbility) is available in 1/4 MOA clicks.

I very very rarely shoot out to 1000 yards or more and basically want a scope which will get me out to 600-700 yards max so I know this will easily do this for me with my 7 mag.

Just one last thing you could possibly help me with - is the reticle in the second focal plane (i.e. stays the same thickness throughout the magnification range)?

Thanks

Jon

Thet come in both first focal plane & second focal plane. I got the first focal plane model.

You'll love the scope!!!

I own 2 of the zeiss victory models, and love them but even if you mount it on a 20 MOA rail you are only going to get 23 MOA. If your never going to shoot much past say 950 or so depending on caliber it will probably be a great scope for you. You only get one turn of the dial because of the zero stop.

Thanks both

Yes Eddybo I know exactly what you mean and that is good info.

Even though you would have more adjustment range you are limited to a single turn which equates to 23 MOA.

That would still be plenty for the hunting I would be doing.

Thanks again.

If you do not need more elevation I would say jump on it, that glass is going to be tough to beat and IMO the quality is top notch. I prefer the 4-16 victory to just about everything I looked through last week.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.