Anyone familiar with this...

Yeah...that beats the Heck out of the store price...just hope all you boys don't buy it all up by the time I can get some......

Got out to shoot the AR a little today....been a long time in coming....
Have some Summit 55gr fmj...they all shot decent but nothing to brag about(50 yards)....some of the three inch groups are definitely my getting used to a 4# trigger and a new grip on holding this gun..round stock isn't the most comfy...may have to replace that..and the spring noise inside is enough to drive me batty....
I also ran some reloaded(store purchased) Vmax through it and they shot about 1" group at 50 yards....much more satisfying....
Any suggestions about about how to not hear the spring in the stock or is that just a given.......shoot and shut up.....

Jmc...exactly what the guy at the local store said....but he wants 180$ for his.........yeow.......
I like the 140$ better....maybe I better jew him down a touch....150$ wouldn't be that bad....

Well...haven't pulled the wallet out yet for the JP silent captured recoil spring yet....but a question about that....went shooting again today and noticed that the rifle wants to recoil up and to the right...is that normal for ARs....and would the JP reduce that recoil....
Also...got the boy to shoot a few clips through the AR...he did well just standing and shooting at rocks about 100 yards away...then I sent a few across the canyon...zero'd at 100 those 55gr fmj were very accurate...just a few feet low...I also got the kid involved at this range....several of his first shots were 8' low..slowed him down and made sure he was getting the correct position of eye and scope...then he started hitting accurately across there...so then I explained to him to be accurate..then readjust the scope power to have the thicker portion of the lower post be where he was hitting while the crosshairs remained on the target...well that kid started planting bullets within a pie plate around the edges of the rock as well as hitting the rock several times....at 525 yards...
I guess it is shooting okay.....and so is he.......

Up and right is pretty normal for a right handed shooter. You can always get a muzzle brake that can be timed to push the muzzle down and left if it bothers you a lot.

Standing and shooting it was very noticeable....but while on the sandbags at 525 nothing to notice.....actually the kid was shooting the rocks offhand at 125 yards and I didn't notice him having a problem with the upright movement....guess I just lost a rifle....****....again....I just need not shoot with him anymore...soon he will want to shoot for money....and I buy the bullets and powder and load them all.....and he will outshoot me.....

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts