Anyone ever use this reticle????

ST42

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever used this reticle,
Reticle_German4.gif

I'm thinking about having Leupold change my 8.5-25x50 from fine duplex to the German #4. If you have some experience with the reticle, please let me know about your likes or dislikes. This would be mounted onto my .338LM.

Thanks,

Shawn

I've used it before and with all things the thickness of the posts including the fine parts of the reticule are a different thickness from supplier to supplier.

To be honest this is a hunting ret in Europe that I personally dont think is suitable for LR as the posts are too thick at extended ranges.

Just my .2 cents worth

Thanks.
Your thoughts are what I have been concerned about. I thought that maybe with the larger area between the large posts that it would provide the necessary field of view at long range.
That space is so much larger than the existing Fine Duplex that I presently have in the scope. But it still seemed to provide the fast eye focus of a traditional duplex. Of course, as you stated, it would all depend on the the actual size of the two cross hairs.

I guess I'll call Leupold and ask them what the size of the wire is on the two different reticles.

Thanks,
Shawn

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.