Anyone Been Out Doggin?

yote doctor

Like it says, anyone been out calling or just spot and stalkn some coyotes? Its been a month or so for me and im getting the itch again. Last time I was out I shot two. One at 453 and one at 428 yards. One winded me so had to throw the long ball at himgun)

Should be able to get back out next weekend. Have a ranch where they like to pack up this time of year. Last year we seen packs of 5, 7, and 9.

Let me know if you guys are doing any good out there!

I've been snowed out of the hunting country most of this season and just now able to get around some below the 3500 ft. so I'm starting to do a little turkey hunting now.
What part of the big sky ya from? I used to live about 13 miles east of Butte and loved it out there. Mike

we've gone out the last two weekends and been letting all our kids do the shooting and they have killed six out of the 18 weve had come in, including my daughters first coyote and my buddys sons first coyote. my 8 year old is still trying like heck to shoot one with his 17 hmr but i think he gets a little excited when they're 15 feet and smashes the trigger, o well if theirs lead in the air theres hope right. They're hooked on dogging and ask to go every weekend now. think we've created monsters, but thats fine by me. The coyotes are starting to get real aggressive now and are coming in on strings.

Good on ya', MTDOGGER! Glad you're getting the kids involved! Took me a long time before Coyote Fever quit messing me up too. Just shows a future addict in the making!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.