Since the 75 AMAX has been discontinued...

The 75g eldms I was told by hornady are the same bullets just new tips.

morning, killing deer, and hogs I use barnes 55gr. TTSX, varmints I use the
barnes 53gr.TSX and Nosler new technologies 55gr.. I use these in my AR's.
both r match grade. I use the 77gr. rem. TMK, Berger 77gr. in
my 223AI and 22-250AI. GBOT TUM

Just country how fast do you push them 77g tmk and bergers in your 22-250ai

Nice I shoot a custom 22-243 and I'm getting 3560 with 75g amaxes.

I've been using the 69gr Scenar-L in a 22BR. That's one really consistent and accurate bullet. It also doesn't seem to care much about seating depth. Plus I have a bunch of them.

I found recently that hitting a few coyotes with 40 grain ballistic tips, they did exit. Damage was extensive too. Those light bullets leave range very limited in any sort of wind. Started using the same heavies I use in my 22-250 AI for ground hogs out to 1200 yards. Took 3 coyotes since at ranges from 340-720 and results were fantastic. Wind was no issue and accuracy phenomenal. Bullets did exit on all kills but not nearly as bad as the 40 on the rib cage exit. Holes about one inch max on exit side. Coyotes all dropped on first impact location as well. 80 ELDM was the lightening that struck all 3. It's my long range go to bullet now. I'll use the 40/50 BTs for out to 350-500 in calm conditions but 75/80 ELDs beyond.

I switched from the 75 amax to the 80 eld with minimum tuning and no loss of accuracy.

I'm shooting a 22 inch suppressed custom at 3150 and getting .5moa to 600 yards. I've shot deer, hogs, yotes and fox with mine. All DRT but some nasty exits on the fox and yotes which all were at 200 yards or less.

Never have chambered the bigger bullets when my expected dogs will be shot out past 500. Farmers like low dog numbers obviously so with shots on their property in open areas sometimes being well past 500, I use the heavier bullets. Woods settings always the lights. I'm pushing the 80s at 3550 from my Ackley with a 30" tube. 50 BTs at 4000 k with great accuracy. The 8 twist barrel likes most bullets from 50-80.

I switched from the 75 amax to the 80 eld with minimum tuning and no loss of accuracy.

I'm shooting a 22 inch suppressed custom at 3150 and getting .5moa

Care to share your load data? I have a short throated 8-twist 22" barrel and can only get to 2750/2800 with Varget before I run into pressure issues with the 75 amax or 77gr CC. I ran into the same thing with 8208 XBR too unfortunately, before I could get the velocity up. May be a slow barrel as well?

Care to share your load data? I have a short throated 8-twist 22" barrel and can only get to 2750/2800 with Varget before I run into pressure issues with the 75 amax or 77gr CC. I ran into the same thing with 8208 XBR too unfortunately, before I could get the velocity up. May be a slow barrel as well?
Sure. My OAL is 2.700 so it's kind of a longish throat. I'm running 44.5 of RL26 for about 3550 fps and hammers coyotes. Shoots .2-.3 out to 600 yards. I'm shooting a 30" barrel too so speeds stay up a bit. Just bought the RL23 and believe it will be even better in the Ackley version of the 22-250. RL15, H4350 and H4831sc also work very well in my gun. Just like the speeds above 3500 and can't really get it easily with the Hodgdon powders. Reloader gets me there pretty easy with less pressure. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.