anybody ever build an 80% 700 reiever

B Jordan

seen post on these J.P. Longfellow - Home got me to thinking I have wanted for a long time a long action XP-100 to build something in 338 since they don't make such a thing I am stuck with buying a custom action which will cost me around 1000-1200$ and maybe more which I do not really want to spend ...what I do have is 1 manual mill, 1 Bridgeport CNC conversion a lathe and about every kind of tooling I would need and the most important thing, time at least till the first of the year ...so my question is anybody ever build one personally ? if so how did it turn out?

The JP is far from an 80%, but I have a blank sitting on my work bench that I am going to try. I think it will be a fun project and I am going to do mine all on a manual mill. A machine center with a 4th axis would be ideal but sometime one needs a little challenge.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.