Any nice WV deer killed this year?

ShootnMathews

Any one kill any nice WV deer this season? I didn't get any of the big ones I was after but did get a decent one. Mainframe 8 with a split brow so 9 total. 15" spread but he was heavy as far as mass. At least a 4-1/2 year old. Maybe 5-1/2.

WV always has a few that come in over 160 mark, but I've not actually seen them this year. Probably less than a handful over the 180 mark, but that is all speculation based on past years. The county you are hunting holds a few.

There's always some big bucks here. I haven't gotten any yet. I've killed some decent deer. Biggest maybe 130. Nothing huge. Have seen some big ones over the years. Just never worked out in my favor. One day it will. My goal is to kill one over 165 one day. I'll be happy then. I got a decent 9 this year. Not the biggest I had pics of but a 4-1/2 yr old. Just not the best genetics. I have a 7 pt on my farm that will score maybe 115 that I've been trying to kill for years. He'll be 5-1/2 next season. I can't get these small gene bucks out. I did have two 8 pts last year that were nice. Didn't get either one. One had about a 20" spread and 11" g2s. The other 19" spread and 9" g2s. Got lots of pics. Dang things nocturnal. Hard to kill.

Anything above 150 should be considered a good buck with a few hitting the 180 and 190 class. These bucks get a lot of pressure and usually killed before they getting any age or mass. The other issue is the limited amount of good food year around.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.