Any Midwest transplants??

MNwalleyehunter

Not so much about shooting, more just about life/lifestyle/weather/etc. We are considering a move to the SW, possibly looking at the Phoenix area.

Anyone made this move? Good, Bad, Ugly? Any advice on area/school districts?

Thanks!

OK, how about anyone with any information on the area?? We are looking at the Phoenix area, but we don't know a whole lot about it. Looking for a kid-friendly area as we have 3

Hey Walleye, I have not lived in Arizona but after getting custody of my daughter when she was 5, her Mom moved there. Every spring for a few years I would drive her down to spend 2 months with her Mom. After growing up in northern Utah & then moving to Idaho (both cold states) I could not live there. I flew into Sky Harbor last winter on my way to a short job in Oakland & could not believe the size of that city.
Not telling you what to do, just giving my thoughts!
Good luck,
Thanks, Kirk

My .02 fwiw-- to me, the PHX area is like the Midwest, just opposite. What I mean is that in the winter in the Midwest, most people spend several months basically indoors due to the darkness and cold. In AZ, many spend the summer months indoors, or at least in air conditioning due to the heat. Personally, I couldn't stand the heat. The temperature during the day, beginning in about May is into the 100's. Even worse, it never cools down at night. You can get up at 3 a.m. and it still is in the mid-80's. Then, there is the traffic and population. I believe the PHX. area right now is around 3 million. Way too many people for me.

MNWalley, what is leading you to PHX? What about that area has your interest? If we know a little more about you, maybe people that have traveled, worked or visited there can assist you with some specific input.

I live in Idaho, which I LOVE, but I have a few military friends that have been stationed in or grew up in PHX.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts