Any Substaion Electricians out there

SOUTHTEXASBOY

I was just wondering if there are any other people working for a electrical utility company as a Substation Electrician. I work for Centerpoint Energy in Houston Texas. Thinking about making a move from Houston. A country boy is not meant to live in the big city.

I thought centerpoint covered some rural areas in Texas. I know I have worked in some rural areas out there on storms and a few in Louisiana

Thanks

Buck

The electric side is around the the Houston area, all of our service centers are in side beltway 8 for the most part. Except for like 3-4. Now the gas side of things are spread out all over Texas and several other states. I'm looking to make a move away from Houston.

The electric side is around the the Houston area, all of our service centers are in side beltway 8 for the most part. Except for like 3-4. Now the gas side of things are spread out all over Texas and several other states. I'm looking to make a move away from Houston.

Check out southern company online. We cover parts of Mississippi, Alabama, northwest Florida, Georgia. Cleco and entergy is in Louisiana

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.