Any loads for 280 Ackley and 180 Begers?

elmerdeer

Hi guys I am getting my Win M70 280AI custum back from the gunsmith this week and would like to try the 180gr bergers. Has anyone found any good loads with this combo? My barrel is a Krieger FW contour with a 1-9.5 twist finished at 24", and the powders I have on hand are H4831,Rl-22, Rl-25, Imr7828,Retumbo, and Rl-17.
Thanks
Elmer

Elmer I have one question for you and that is what are you going to be using your .280 AI for hunting,competition etc.? Ok with that the reason is that the Berger is a Long bullet and won't fit in most magazines to be used for hunting purposes and that is the main reason I use the 168 cause you can seat the bullet to fit the magazine whether it be detachable or fixed. There are a couple of powders that work with this bullet Retumbo,IMR 7828 & RL 22 to name a couple if COAL isn't a concern. You should try your loads with Standard primers and with a Magnum, as you might be surprised at the results you will get in velocity and accuracy.

:D

Elmer I have one question for you and that is what are you going to be using your .280 AI for hunting,competition etc.? Ok with that the reason is that the Berger is a Long bullet and won't fit in most magazines to be used for hunting purposes and that is the main reason I use the 168 cause you can seat the bullet to fit the magazine whether it be detachable or fixed. There are a couple of powders that work with this bullet Retumbo,IMR 7828 & RL 22 to name a couple if COAL isn't a concern. You should try your loads with Standard primers and with a Magnum, as you might be surprised at the results you will get in velocity and accuracy.

:D
It will be used for hunting short , medium, and long range on occasion so that is why I am intersted in the 180, but if I see problems with stablization I will get the 168's
Thanks
Elmer

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.