Any leads on 17hmr ammo?

Tac-O

I've been looking around on the web and local stores for 17hmr ammo, but can't figure and any.

Does anyone know of any sites that have them in stock?

Dang. I guess I need to go on a road trip. It was one of the last hold outs for ammo on shelves here, and then that disappeared. I'm hoping I'll see some again soon though. I'm starting to see some centerfire rounds being stocked again

Seems like everyone is transitioning to shooting this little guy more these days. Just makes sense to still be able to get trigger time in one way or another.

Yes, Colorado seems to be flush with 17HMR. Our Murdoch's generally has them by the casefull, and I mean 1000 round cases. What is odd about that, is even though they have s-tons of 'em, they will usually only sell 2 boxes of 50 at a time. At least you always know that they will be there, so I just grab a couple of boxes each time I go.

Wow that's funny.

I used to have an old 17hmr. Liked the round, didn't like the gun, so I sold it. I was thinking about getting a 22 instead, just for less noise and it being cheaper, but I do like the 17.

And I've got my eye on a nice cz 457 17, so I thought I'd see if I could actually acquire some ammo first haha

Wow that's funny.

I used to have an old 17hmr. Liked the round, didn't like the gun, so I sold it. I was thinking about getting a 22 instead, just for less noise and it being cheaper, but I do like the 17.

And I've got my eye on a nice cz 457 17, so I thought I'd see if I could actually acquire some ammo first haha
If you want the best RF ever, go back in time and get the 5mm Rem .
Nowadays the 17HMR is great but The 17WSM is even more impressive.
Velocity Averages 800 FPS quicker than the 17 HMR, and there's an obvious increase in energy.
Only prob is that ammo is even harder to come by.

(22WSM ballistics are impressive but I can't find out if the chambering and ammo are being produced. Some sources make it seem as if it never existed while others boast about it)

O, have been seeing it regularly at several Sportsmans here in Az. Perhaps you have one near you?

There is at least 4 within driving distance of me. But, I'm in the salt lake valley. There's a lot of shooters, hunters, and A-holes

Velocity Averages 800 FPS quicker than the 17 HMR, and there's an obvious increase in energy.

(22WSM ballistics are impressive but I can't find out if the chambering and ammo are being produced. Some sources make it seem as if it never existed while others boast about it)

Yes I wish the 17wsm was popular. That would be a sweet little cartridge. I like the good ole 17 hmr though.

I WAS back in time, saved my money as a young lad so I could get a 5mm. It was probably the least accurate gun I have owned and then the company that sold it to me STOPED making the ONLY ammo available for it. So I sold it at a significant loss. Just my cynical view, but the 5mm is a colossal turd!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.