Any Interest in Reloading Services?

I would be interested in brass cleaning/annealing.

We offer a cleaning and annealing service using an induction annealing system running water cooled coils for the most consistent results. Our coils are sized for calibers from 22 hornet to 50 BMG. For cleaning of smaller batches of brass, we use a benchtop Hammond Roto-Finish Spiratron ST-1 commercial parts finisher and Roto-Finish cleaners. Send me a note if you'd like to discuss further!

I know of two fellows offering annealing services on these forums. One charges $0.05 per piece to anneal only and $0.10 per case to anneal and stainless tumble. He has a 100pcs minimum. The other guy charges $20 per hundred for annealing only.

I personally think your margins will be small and you will likely have more work than you'd like

Oh I see. I am honestly not sure. I would still need to tumble clean at the very least, just so the brass is clean going into the machine. Brass would probably fit in flat rate box. I haven't done much math on it, but what do you think people would be willing to pay?

I am thinking about starting a side business offering a couple of reloading services that some of you may either not like or don't have time for. The first service would be brass prep and the second service would be full (re)loading to your specs.

My steps for the fired brass prep process would be:
Step 1. Remove Spent Primer
Step 2. Tumble Clean
Step 3. Anneal With AMP Mark II (1 Piece of Brass Will Be Sacrificed)
Step 4. Standard FL Resize with No Expander
Step 5. Tumble Clean to Remove Lube
Step 6. Trim and Clean Primer Pocket
Step 7. Imperial Dry Lube Neck
Step 8. Expand Neck with Sinclair Expander Die

My steps for the full reloading would be the same steps for prepping plus priming, charging, and seating the bullet all to your specifications.

As far as pricing, it would have to be worth my time and it probably only makes sense cost wise to do it for the high quality brass. I was thinking like $0.60 per piece for prep and component cost + $0.80 per round loaded. I suppose if someone only wanted decapping, tumbling, and annealing I could do that too.

Basically, I just need to know if there is any interest for any of this. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.

John
If I was to start commercial reloading again before i finished the first round I would certainly have an insurance policy in place.(this is to protect you from any liabilities that will certainly follow any commercial ammunition fabricator. Also any and all ammunition must be produced to SAMMI Specs otherwise it will not fit in all rifles.(unless you manufacture cartridges for one specific rifle only) You must take into consideration the possibility of stacked chamber tolerances and therefore produce a round chambered for that weapon(hence custom manufactured ammunition) If you manufacture cartridges to SAMMI Spes you might as well purchase factory ammunition. The whole reason as to why one chooses to reload is truly self gratification in load developing a round that performs better than a factory one would. A plus to that would be say 1/4 "MOA groups @ 100 yards and sub 1/2" MOA @ 200 yards. Reload for yourself and enjoy the process. Why would anyone want to reload ammunition on over the counter equipment . To seriously load professionally as a vendor you need quite a large capital investment in commercial grade equipment!
You must do a lot of soul searching if this is truly what you plan on doing as well as retaining legal counsel before hand.
These are just my take away thoughts and believe me I have a ton more but will not go into any details here.

I am interested in having someone to load ammo for me. Its hard to find what i want loaded and i have no knowledge nor the space to set up shop to load my own. I am in Tennessee if someone has a interest in working with me.

Actually you might call Pendleton's custom reloading and pick their brain. David Dury co-owner and gunsmith of Dury's guns here in San Antonio has often said there is a market for custom reloading and load work up and other services like chronying customer rifles for velocity, SD and BC info for drop in turrets, zeroing rifles, load work up, brass prep, teaching reloading classes etc. Might give him a shout: 210-531-2925. He's always after me to start a biz but I already have a small business that pays for hunting and fishing so Im callin' that good:)! I am set up as an LLC that would shield me personally from liability and have a $1M/3M insurance policy on the company costs about 15K per year...kind of a hickey. You'd have to factor that into your business model and get a lawyer to come up with a good release of liability form.
That said there are a goodly number of those guys already out there but there is usually a waiting list.

We offer a cleaning and annealing service using an induction annealing system running water cooled coils for the most consistent results. Our coils are sized for calibers from 22 hornet to 50 BMG. For cleaning of smaller batches of brass, we use a benchtop Hammond Roto-Finish Spiratron ST-1 commercial parts finisher and Roto-Finish cleaners. Send me a note if you'd like to discuss further!
Wow - thats bush league bro trying to poach a thread like that.

Yeah, sorry about that. I hate it when I stutter on the keyboard and not knowing for sure HOW to delete a message(s). My bad.
You should go delete all three of your posts. Your as bad as those hammer bullet fanatics - guys will ask whether they should go with an eldm or berger and instead of answering the question they come in screaming "hammer! Hammer!"

Let me answer this through another short venture of mine. Make sure this is a business you want to take on and it is not an attempt to make money at your hobby. I am also a die hard fisherman and enjoy tying flies both small trout stuff and large saltwater flies. I was talked into supplying a set amount of flies as well as dressed trailer hooks to my local tackle store. At the end of it I went from an enjoyable activity that I used to unwind from work to just more work.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.