Any 220 jaybird owners here?

Rugerjim

Hey guys, I've got a 220 Jaybird FL die here, having problems crushing brass.
Just wondering if I'd be better off with 308 brass instead of 243 as its a touch shorter to the shoulder.
Do I need to neck ream also? Kinda becoming annoying...

Thanks team.
James.

Suggest you call Bullberry and order some of their forming dies. Tell them what you want to do and they will supply easy step down dies. Member LSherm told me about them. Since I got mine i have lost almost no brass sizing down for wildcats. 30 down to 24 cal. Using mine right now to size 7mm down to 264.

Attachments

• 20201111_103726.jpg
    20201111_103726.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 113
Ugh I'm frustrated and giving up. I'm just going to get middlestead or Ackley dies and use those. I have 22/243 vanilla and it's a beast. Might just stick with that for now and buy a reamer etc. the Jaybird brass is just a pain in the butt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try this. Anneal the case. Remove the expander/decapper from your sizing die. Size the case. Then size again with the expander installed or use a mandrel the first go round. Start with a .243 case. I was having the same issue with my 22/6MM. this fixed it. Try it.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.