Anti's drone shot down over private land

Dooner

My gut reaction is that they deserved it for harassing people doing something legal on private land. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
My dad flys these things and without an AMA you can get into big trouble. I wished they would of shot it down and had it land of private land.

That's pretty stupid to fly off a road like that. This is the kind of activity the AMA want to stop.

The stupid people like that are going to get model flying banned.

The government owns all airspace and controls flying of anything.

Shooting at model airplanes is also a federal felony.

If i remember right one can say "Officer I was shooting at a Clay Pigeon and did not see the little model airplane".

There are 2 parts to the crime, Mens Rea and Actus Rea believe (Unless this is a strict liability crime which i dont believe it is in which case Mens Rea is not important)

Actus Rea - The criminal act - Shooting at the bird -- Guilty here
Mens Rea - The Mental State - Might get them on something else but they cant get intent if they are having a shooting competition and their bird gets shot down.

Also, flying at a low altitude can be considered a violation of ones curtlidge, if the normal citizen can not reasonably get there. The normal citizen can not fly that low possibly..

If there is an actual Lawyer Here and not a CJ student you are welcome to correct me. I just see this as a pretty good lawsuit. SHARS liable in my opinion.

I could have missed it, but other than they say it was shot down, what proof is there that it was? Also, I wouldn't put it past them to shoot their own plane for attention.

it didnt look like that thing got shot down it was more of a controlled decent. if it was shot down, the way that design works, it would have gone wildly out of control

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.