Another nice male called in.

Ohlongarm

Got real cold here coyotes howling all night, called a decent male in at 7:30 am, turkey distress. He succumbed to a 17 hornet in the head at 100 yards. The tiny round did exit down along his spine look close, baffling but stuff happens.

Attachments

• 222.jpg
    222.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 76
It happens sometimes bullets do strange things . I have seen them change course and come out where you would never expect them too , ricochet instead of open up , explode instead of penetrate ect. .

I have seen hollow point bullets right out of the box have the hole deformed and thus it was closed and wouldn't act the way it was designed to acting more like a spire point or solid full metal jacket bullet . Also I have had them get deformed by action of the feed ramp when they were being chambered . The speed they are traveling is also an important factor in their performance . When they are traveling too fast they tend to open up too fast and not penetrate well . When they are traveling too slow they tend to not open up and act more like a solid point bullet not opening as they are designed to . Todays bullet manufactures have very good quality control but it's not 100% at times you will get a little over or under fill with the powder so the speeds will be different then the average advertised speed . So many variables making a difference in the performance of them .

Recent Posts