Another NF ?

wadevb1

I know this has been asked and answere previously, but I did a year search and couldn't locate the Q/A. I'm looking over my first, brand new NF and on the power ring at 11x there is a white dot. Scope is 5.5x22 so thats mid power of course. I cannot recall the purpose of the dot and would appreciate another explanation.

BTW: NF couldv'e used a lil more ink in thier owner manual IMHO.

Thanks, Wade

wadevb1
Simply as you observed 1/2 power!!
This has different affect of different reticles
for the NPR2 is makes the tic's 4MOA instead of the 2MOA on 22 Power.
Or I assume the mil dot to drop to 1/2 mil space! (never owned a mil dot)

Then the NPR2 on 5.5 the tic's are 8 MOA.

CAM

Thanks for the reply. I have the NP1RR ret' so I don't think that would have my bearing on my application.
Thanks, Wade

[ QUOTE ]
wadevb1
Simply as you observed 1/2 power!!
This has different affect of different reticles
for the NPR2 is makes the tic's 4MOA instead of the 2MOA on 22 Power.
Or I assume the mil dot to drop to 1/2 mil space! (never owned a mil dot)

Then the NPR2 on 5.5 the tic's are 8 MOA.

CAM

[/ QUOTE ]

As the power is lowered the mill spacing will increase ( the same as the MOA) not decrease

jwp475
Thanks glad you caught that!
So the mil dot will be 2 mils on 11 power.
just as jwp475 said!
CAM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the reply. I have the NP1RR ret' so I don't think that would have my bearing on my application.
Thanks, Wade

[/ QUOTE ]
It would double the distance with the dots and dashes on the NP1RR too.The NF web page explains the distances preaty good in their reticle book but you gota do some reasoning to get all the info out of it.
@ 11x the x hairs would be zero,the bottom of the first hash down would be 6MOA and the forst dot down would be 8MOA.The next hash starts 2MOA down(if set at 11x) so the next line down starts at 10MOA ect...ect.
I had a 8-32 and 12-42 NFs with the 1RR reticles in them but keeping track of the hashes and dots got REAL confuseing,I prefer the R1 or 2 for thier simplicity.

Thanks Mach V,
Unfortuantely my new NF was minus the reticle. I did do the download previously. I suspect as long as I do my measurements at 22x I shouldn't have any issues til I get comfortable with the math.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mach V,
Unfortuantely my new NF was minus the reticle.

[/ QUOTE ]

A scope with no reticle????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.