Another Barrel set back question

frostop

I have a Ruger M77 Mk II Short Action Chambered in 270wsm with very few rounds down the tube, maybe 500
Fluted Sendero 26"

I am considering pulling that barrel and installing a 6.8 western or 6.5 prc barrel on the short action and taking the 270wsm barrel putting it on a long action.
My dilemma is that the Ruger tenon is 1x16 and about .69 long
I would like to get away from the Ruger and into a Tikka or maybe a PT&G Rem clone, the tikka I think is the same thread pitch but more like an inch long and of coarse the Rem's are a little bigger in diameter.

In my eyes the tenon needs to be parted off and recut either way, and rechambered.
On a sendero barrel, do you all think there is enough meat left after removing the .69" to recut a 270wsm chamber with longer throat?

If that's not a good idea, I will just find a donor ruger long action or just leave it alone since it does shoot pretty well with 165ablr's.
Just trying to decide if it's worth it to go long action for minimal gains

I don't see it as being viable, economically and otherwise...
At 500 rounds, the tube is somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 done, depending on how and what you shoot...
You're not going to save $$ with the smith over chambering a new barrel (I'd charge more), and you'd need to buy the reamer as cutting a fire-cracked throat is rough on reamers...
Sendero contour would be iffy for me. That'll put part of the chamber beyond the cylinder (which is only 2" on that contour) into the tapered section of the barrel. JMO