another 280 AI

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
This is one I really like. It is a joy to shoot with the break. Hope you enjoy. The details are:

Stiller Tac 300
Jewell trigger
McMillian Hunters Edge with adj. cheek piece in McMillian camo
Brux barrel interupted flutes finished ar 26 inches 165 palma contour
Stiller BDL bottom metal
SSG slot port break
20moa stiller rail
TPS rings
5.5x22x56 Nightforce with NPR1
K&G gun kote in od green

Attachments

• Dr. Scott pics 001.jpg
    Dr. Scott pics 001.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Dr. Scott pics 002.jpg
    Dr. Scott pics 002.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 102
  • Dr. Scott pics 003.jpg
    Dr. Scott pics 003.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 114
I wish Dan did not have his level of integrity. I just left his shop....empty handed even after trying to snake this gun from it's rightful owner. Dan just said it was "sold". I may not have carried the gun out, but I left with a firm understanding of how awesome Dan's guns are. He had just finished the 4th cleaning of this rifle and asked me if I wanted to give her a go. I of course jumped at the opportunity. He set me up on his 100 yard range, and I settled in behind this jewel. He had already shot the center target, and told me to do the same. Had I known what I was going to do, I would have taken pictures before and after each shot. The top 3 holes were from individual shoot and clean, and there were three holes about the size of a nickel an inch high. My three rounds went inside the three holes and inch high. Still breaking this gun in, and it is shootin sub-.5 MOA. Amazing. It is hard not to have a grin on your face after you shoot one of Dan's guns, but it would be impossible for anyone to shoot this gun and not want to carry it home. With the weight of the gun and the break, very light felt recoil, and I did not measure the trigger, but it was a crisp break at about 6 to 8 oz at most. The picture below tells the tale of how this gun shoots...just as sweet as the one I got my father last year....the one 72 year old man was making #8's and snowmen with bullets touching at 500 yards.

Attachments

• DCG 280 AI 9 shots 6 in one hole.jpg
    DCG 280 AI 9 shots 6 in one hole.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 96
Wow, a Brux barrel, Nightforce scope, McMillian stock, Stiller action, SSG brake, and Jewell trigger makes for one heck of a combo! I am having Nate put one of his brakes on our current build and cant wait to see how effective it is.

Wow, a Brux barrel, Nightforce scope, McMillian stock, Stiller action, SSG brake, and Jewell trigger makes for one heck of a combo! I am having Nate put one of his brakes on our current build and cant wait to see how effective it is.

Nate's brakes work awesome! I have one on my 300 Jazz and it feels like I'm shooting a 243.

Another gem from Dan, and looks awesome! If anyone is considering a new build you really need to talk with Dan Glover at DCGS. On time, on budget and, as you can see, his rifles are beyond accurate.

Roger,
I suggest you shoot all of Dan's test targets! :)
Maybe Dan will give you a discount on your next DCGS build.

Discount????? Did I hear discount? One of my truly favorite words when applied to my bill.

Dan, don't worry as I would never ask for a discount on your guns. They are worth more than you charge anyway, so they are discounted to a more than fair price already. As for a build I do want you to pencil me on the list for one before hunting season, but not sure if I want the 280AI or the 338 sniper like Jett is getting. My 6x47 and 7-300 handle all I need in the 1000 yard game. If Jett's gun shoots like I know it will I will want one like that... But with a big brake on it.

Roger

I got to hold this rifle today, unfortunately I didn't get to shoot it, but it is a sweet rifle. Nice job Dan, you build a fine gun.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.