AMP or New Rifle

Only you can make this decision, but this is interesting thing to ponder. If you want the best annealing solution and reload at higher volumes, the AMP would be the ticket. I haven't been able to justify it yet. You can buy a lot of brass for the price of the AMP and the pilots. If you get the AMP and start an annealing service, let me know. I may be a customer.

What rifle are you going to get for the cost of an Amp? Not a good one, an Amp is cheaper than any decent action, much less the rest of the rifle.

I'd buy an action, why waste money on an AMP for a factory gun. Use a torch for that stuff, it's cheaper.

What rifle are you going to get for the cost of an Amp? Not a good one, an Amp is cheaper than any decent action, much less the rest of the rifle.

I'd buy an action, why waste money on an AMP for a factory gun. Use a torch for that stuff, it's cheaper.

I beg to differ. I have chrome moly Tikkas that were $650 that can shoot 6.5 Creedmoor sub MOA.

Only you can make this decision, but this is interesting thing to ponder. If you want the best annealing solution and reload at higher volumes, the AMP would be the ticket. I haven't been able to justify it yet. You can buy a lot of brass for the price of the AMP and the pilots. If you get the AMP and start an annealing service, let me know. I may be a customer.

The AMP sucked me in. Being able to use one at my range, makes investing in one worth it. The malleability of the brass and consistent neck tension is world class.

Nah...I still visit my range so I will just bring my brass that needs to be annealed. It sure would be nice to fire up an AMP at the house. My experience is once you use one, you'll find the means. It's like buying better glass. Once you see alpha glass, you will find a way.

I beg to differ. I have chrome moly Tikkas that were $650 that can shoot 6.5 Creedmoor sub MOA.
Let's be honest...I could throw a 6.5 Creedmoor round by hand and it would be sub MOA at over 4500fps with 140+ grain bullets. It's a 6.5 Creedmoor round, so it's already the greatest thing in the world (and the brass doesn't need to be annealed anyway). :D