Ammo

Elk Dreamer

I am fairly sure I will be drawing my 1st ever elk license after 12 years but am concerned about ammo. I put a new Leupold scope on my 300 Win mag and after sighting in I only have 7 rounds left. Anyone know if ammo will be available this summer ? I am shooting Berger ammo in 168 gr VLD.

Last edited:
Another option might be to have someone reload some for you. Friend that reloads or one of the outfits that do custom reloads. Good luck and be safe.

I am fairly sure I will be drawing my 1st ever elk license after 12 years but am concerned about ammo. I put a new Leupold scope on my 300 Win mag and after sighting in I only have 7 rounds left. Anyone know if ammo will be available this summer ? I am shooting Berger ammo in 168 gr VLD.
Look at Unknown Munitions. I believe they had some custom 300WM available. They will load you whatever you're looking for.

Before waiting too long, try getting some Hammer Bullets......you'll thank me later! memtb

Hammer will do custom ammunition for your rifle and give you the drops, even program it to your rangefinder, etc.

We're you able to find some ammo?

I'm currently using the 215 Berger 300wm for hunting . How does the hammer compare to the 215 Berger, 300 WM ?

People who use the hammers swear by them. I haven't had any first hand experience with them because they cost a ton.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.