Ammo, inexpensive

jimisbell

LRH Team Member
Just bought 200 rounds of Lapua 338 Mag at $2 a round. Bought it for barrel breakin so not to concerned about super quality except for brass. The brass is good brass made by Jag. At that price it will be good for the brass. Prices are not likely to be going down.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
deer-eats-popcorn_64.gif

Tiny Tim

Just because its for "break in", doesn't mean its worthless. Bought some 6.5 Creed ammo for a rifle and it was great both for target shooting and hunting. Can also be used for fouling shots. We can also learn a great deal about our rifle during this "break in" process.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
Just because its for "break in", doesn't mean its worthless. Bought some 6.5 Creed ammo for a rifle and it was great both for target shooting and hunting. Can also be used for fouling shots. We can also learn a great deal about our rifle during this "break in" process.

Yep!

Last edited:

jimisbell

LRH Team Member
My comment was not meant to disparage the ammo, but only to say I didnt think it was necessary to look very closely at the ammo as I was not depending on it to put meat on the table but because I knew there would be NaySayers who would say things like..."sure its cheap, but its no good".....or, "well if you dont mind missing a few". There are those on EVERY list. I was just trying to head them off at the pass. I really expect this to be very good ammo.

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
My comment was not meant to disparage the ammo, but only to say I didnt think it was necessary to look very closely at the ammo as I was not depending on it to put meat on the table but because I knew there would be NaySayers who would say things like..."sure its cheap, but its no good".....or, "well if you dont mind missing a few". There are those on EVERY list. I was just trying to head them off at the pass. I really expect this to be very good ammo.

There's nothing wrong with your post.

DSheetz

jimisbell , not one thing wrong with your post . We all need brass to load with if you find less expensive loaded rounds that are in good brass you are ahead of the game then if you also decide to share with others where you found a good deal good on you for doing so . It makes no difference how it really shoots for your intended use of it you can still get your scope set close , break in your barrel the way you want and not spend a ton of money and still have the brass left for the next go around sounds like you have your [email protected]#$ in a group to me .

338 dude

LRH Team Member
Sounds like a good price for 338lm
When I first purchased my 338 lapua magnum the cheapest ammo I could find was sellier and bello and it was five dollars a round So I think you done pretty good

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.