ammo background checks?

cohunt

I just heard today that 21 states attorney generals are backing the proposed "federal ammunition background check" (Jamie's law)

https://chestertownspy.org/2019/09/23/ag-frosh-joins-coalition-to-close-ammunition-sale-loophole/
https://kymkemp.com/2019/09/23/cali...ing-background-checks-to-purchase-ammunition/

it happened in CA, here it comes to the rest of us--lets try to stop this *rule 4 violation* law

if they can't stop criminals from buying firearms, what makes them think they ca stop them from buying ammo? or is this just to stop the law abiding citizens from buying ammo?--is it time to stock up on reloading supplies again?

Its funny how they don't think of taking guns from drug dealer. cartel members and street gangs... their focus is on law abiding citizens.
Only because we allow it. Those that don't take their oath of office seriously should be voted out. If they don't believe in and respect any one section of the Bill Of Rights, what fool could be lead to believe they will respect any of the others? Think about it.

Only because we allow it. Those that don't take their oath of office seriously should be voted out. If they don't believe in and respect any one section of the Bill Of Rights, what fool could be lead to believe they will respect any of the others? Think about it.
You are right, most people get into office and forget what they stand for and all that has supported them through the journey, they forget their objectives and become money hungry then it all goes south, anyone that isn't living up to his/her promises in office gets da F ount.

morning, officials when elected there mouths-way
of thinking become totally disconnected from there
bodies. they all need a rabbi shot. open mouths
catch flies. justme gbot tum

Some of these states were obvious, there are a couple that surprised me:

In addition to Maryland, the letter was signed by the attorneys general of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.

Some of these states were obvious, there are a couple that surprised me:

In addition to Maryland, the letter was signed by the attorneys general of California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, the District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington.
Why get your hands dirty and risk Political Suicide when you can get the Fed to do it? Getting the Fed to do it lowers the risk of every Democrat operating at the State and local level. Taking over at the local level is one of their end games. Easier to control Elections.

I tried my hardest to move out of California. Wife has all of her family in LA. I reload so I am not affected too much but I believe it is quite unconstitutional. Imagine if background checks were required to vote. Leftists would be in an uproar.

What's funny about these laws, at least here in Cali, is it's causing people to buy more guns? I was in a large ammo store the other day and a guy was trying to by 30-06 ammo for his hand me down M1. The worker at the store asked if he's purchased ammo or a gun recently. The man said no. The worker then told him he probably wouldn't pass the background check, which cost 18 dollars and can take from 10mins to 10 days to get back? Told the guy he would be better off going down the road and buying a cheap lower from another store to get him into the system. Then he would pass the background check and it'd only cost 1 dollar when he wants to buy ammo in the future.
I reload everything as well except for shotgun shells. I have a MEC 600, but figured the startup cost and figuring out how to reload steel wasn't worth my time and money. So I'll just buy steel until I leave this *** state...

Yup. And in MD we got a RINO governor who won't veto it (or sign it) until the 30-day period expires and it becomes law anyway.

i have been hoarding bullets-brass-primers keeping them in sealed ammo cans and rotating my powder supply, always having a fresh supply (30-40 pounds) also kept in sealed ammo cans. and many bullet molds with lubersizers. if they get the background checks for ammo, it will not be long before supplies will also need a background check. if you don,t have ammo and a reloading press with supplies, you had better get on the stick if you want to shoot in the leftest future.

i have been hoarding bullets-brass-primers keeping them in sealed ammo cans and rotating my powder supply, always having a fresh supply (30-40 pounds) also kept in sealed ammo cans. and many bullet molds with lubersizers. if they get the background checks for ammo, it will not be long before supplies will also need a background check. if you don,t have ammo and a reloading press with supplies, you had better get on the stick if you want to shoot in the leftest future.

Yep, they'll want to background check reloading supplies next. Gotta make sure your local ms13 member isn't buying a Dillon and pumping out a bunch of extra deadly multi clip fully semi automatic armor piercing bullets!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.