Alps outdoorz commander x pack and frame

valleysnyper

Hi, does anyone have any experience with this pack ? I am going on a week elk hunt to Colorado next October and am looking for a decent pack, The price for this seems almost unbelievable. I know a pack from KUIU is a pound lighter, the Alps pack says it weighs 7 lb. Also can anyone tell me how many CI I should look at for a week hunt ? The KUIU is 7200 I beleive. Lots of newbie questions.....Sorry

Yup. For the price point it's perfect. If you are under 5'9" I would suggest looking elsewhere. It's very standard with a lot of options and adjustability. I was greatly suppressed at all of its features.

I'm a minimalist by nature even when I'm 12 days in the mountain. I had plenty of storage space. But if you are like one of my buddy who carries a back up for his back up this may not be for you.

Just got mine. I'm going on a long weekend bow hunt. The only thing I don't like right now is the lack of pockets. Plenty of space in the main compartment, lots of loops to tie stuff on. The scope pocket on the side seams nice. I do like the expandable system for bringing out the meat.

Guys, thanks for the help, I think there must be add on packs or accessories you can add, does it se worth the money ? It's about a pound heavier than the primo packs, maybe for the amount I will use it, which is about every 3 years on a Elk hunt it will be fine

Took it on a 3 day deer hunt. The spotting scope pocket is nice but the zipper is a little short. I have a Nikon 16x47 straight tube, about 15" long. With the cover on, it will just barley fit in the slot, with some work. No tripod.
Other then that it fit good and was adjustable to my 6'3" 200lb frame.

Heading out Monday. See y'all in 2 weeks!
Kp2nNNJl.jpg

Just quartered an elk and packed it. The Commander X worked great.
Took the pack, gear, straps, rifle, and lions down one the first trip. Unzipped and left the pack, and went back up four more times for the quarters. The meat pack was simple and quick to load and unload. I like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.