Almost too easy

Great.
Looks like your spare time is well used.
I am retired and now have limited gun funds. I reload most so I am not short on cartridges..
I use my 22 magnum, 2 pound pull for all my small game, and some medium size.
Up to 100 yards it hits within a 1/4 inch of my aim point. Head shots. Then it drops like an overweight crowbar. I do not use it for longer shots.
But I have great fun. That 1/4 inch is probably my fault, as I can shoot at much greater distances with less variation on my larger rifles.

I am thinking of a new savings/escrow account. Perhaps to get a better rimfire, or to be able to shoot >than 2 miles.

Have fun, bring a friend along, and always be safe.

I still work beyond retirement age to support my hobbies, like another newly invented must have best fishing pole or the next newly invented gotta have hunting rifle. Wife is retired and also happy, being an avid shopper.
I have two great long time pals that run a private owned gun store. One of them is my retired ex-boss at work, retired as our Provost Marshal. Both are also gunsmiths and always keep me informed of the next best hunting rifle for sale.

I work at and have patrolled 30 years at an Army owned and operated military munition production installation. Hunting and fishing is good there (19,000 acres) but they do not allow rifle or pistol hunting. But they have a black powder hunting season. So, I don't fish or hunt there but have plenty of private land to hunt close to home.

I recently retired my busy custom knife making shop of 40 years and quit my part time licensed private investigation work. This pair went to a great fella in Kentucky and customer that has 4 of my knives. The pair shown are made of ATS 34 steel, stabilized buckeye burl, nickel silver, and inlayed mammoth ivory.

Attachments

• 19511069_1539705822735628_4035899610233067440_n.jpg
    19511069_1539705822735628_4035899610233067440_n.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Great.
Looks like your spare time is well used.
I am retired and now have limited gun funds. I reload most so I am not short on cartridges..
I use my 22 magnum, 2 pound pull for all my small game, and some medium size.
Up to 100 yards it hits within a 1/4 inch of my aim point. Head shots. Then it drops like an overweight crowbar. I do not use it for longer shots.
But I have great fun. That 1/4 inch is probably my fault, as I can shoot at much greater distances with less variation on my larger rifles.

I am thinking of a new savings/escrow account. Perhaps to get a better rimfire, or to be able to shoot >than 2 miles.

Have fun, bring a friend along, and always be safe.
Tony, tell us more about your 22 magnum. That 1/4" is probably not you as much as the limitation of the cartridge.

I still work beyond retirement age to support my hobbies, like another newly invented must have best fishing pole or the next newly invented gotta have hunting rifle. Wife is retired and also happy, being an avid shopper.
I have two great long time pals that run a private owned gun store. One of them is my retired ex-boss at work, retired as our Provost Marshal. Both are also gunsmiths and always keep me informed of the next best hunting rifle for sale.

I work at and have patrolled 30 years at an Army owned and operated military munition production installation. Hunting and fishing is good there (19,000 acres) but they do not allow rifle or pistol hunting. But they have a black powder hunting season. So, I don't fish or hunt there but have plenty of private land to hunt close to home.

I recently retired my busy custom knife making shop of 40 years and quit my part time licensed private investigation work. This pair went to a great fella in Kentucky and customer that has 4 of my knives. The pair shown are made of ATS 34 steel, stabilized buckeye burl, nickel silver, and inlayed mammoth ivory.
Holy smokes those are easy on the eyes man!

Also….inlaid MAMMOTH ivory!!!!???? Flip that's cool. 😎😍

Holy smokes those are easy on the eyes man!

Also….inlaid MAMMOTH ivory!!!!???? Flip that's cool. 😎😍
Thanks, Calvin! I figured out an easy way to inlay the ivory. I used a sharp 3/8" drill bit and drilled both sides of the handles. I then used a 3/8" plug cutter on ivory and inserted the ivory plugs epoxied into the holes. Brownell's Acra Glas gel is all I use for epoxy and have used it many years. I use it for bedding rifle stocks, also.
The pictured knives went to the fella and his son, engraved with initials MM because both he and his son have the same initials. Engraving does not show in the picture.

Thanks, Calvin! I figured out an easy way to inlay the ivory. I used a sharp 3/8" drill bit and drilled both sides of the handles. I then used a 3/8" plug cutter on ivory and inserted the ivory plugs epoxied into the holes. Brownell's Acra Glas gel is all I use for epoxy and have used it many years. I use it for bedding rifle stocks, also.
The pictured knives went to the fella and his son, engraved with initials MM because both he and his son have the same initials. Engraving does not show in the picture.
My question is where does a fella obtain mammoth ivory? I know it's not as rare as one might think but can you purchase the stuff or are ya one of those Midwest farmers that dug up a mammoth or two on your land haha? It happens. And then I know especially in the Alaska/Yukon neck of the woods they're very frequently found in permafrost or exposed when rivers rise and recede and wash away sediment

My question is where does a fella obtain mammoth ivory? I know it's not as rare as one might think but can you purchase the stuff or are ya one of those Midwest farmers that dug up a mammoth or two on your land haha? It happens. And then I know especially in the Alaska/Yukon neck of the woods they're very frequently found in permafrost or exposed when rivers rise and recede and wash away sediment
I wish I could dig up some! There are a number of outfits selling mammoth ivory online and it is legal.

Now that deer rifle and muzzy season are over I'm back on the warpath against tree rats.
4 from the bathroom window this morning and another from the porch this evening. We'll have squirrel soup to help knock chill off this week.
All shots were from a suppressed 22lr with 40gr hp.
These suckers have been stirring the dogs while raiding our bird feeders at daylight for the past week so we got a little revenge this morning. Taking only headshots keeps it challenging and is more fun than one man should have. My wife just laughs and asks if I need a refill on the coffee. The dogs are making some solid retrieves so I didn't even need my boots or coat this morning.
Some if it there is tough squirrel hunting! At Jerimiah, KY, it is worked out coal strip mining. I was hunting with a pal from there, Ron Back. Early and cool the first morning, he warned me to watch for copperhead snakes as we climbed a big rubble pile. I almost got bitten on my hand by a big copperhead while it was sunning on a big flat rock. I had placed my hand right next to it while we were climbing. It was so brushy where we hunted we had to use shotguns to hunt those grays.

I'm just tellin you if one goes traipsin thru my hay meadow he's as good as dead
we'd have hamburger for months!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I have won an auction and paid for a Winchester M70 rechambered to .450 Ackley…just need to get to the city to pick it up. That'll be my mammoth blaster!!!! 🤣

They do talk about resurrecting them….

we'd have hamburger for months!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

I have won an auction and paid for a Winchester M70 rechambered to .450 Ackley…just need to get to the city to pick it up. That'll be my mammoth blaster!!!! 🤣

They do talk about resurrecting them….
Now that I think about it I am way under gunned I need to look on GB to see what they got for ten ton critters; Kathy, we need to talk.