Almost done!

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I bought the brass from a private seller and already sent payment. I'll just have to deal with it. I plan on shoot 180g Barnes or 180g Nosler Accubonds on a trip to Africa this June. I may go heavier but I really like the performance of these bullets. I hope my new rifle agrees

Stick with H4350 or RL19. Should be good powders. May want to try some N550 too. I have just started playing with Ramshot powders, and the initial tests are quite nice. Haven't Chronied them yet. I shot a really small group and waiting to take it to 200 or 300 yards to see what it can do. I am curious to see what the spreads are. If you want to play with some of there powder, might want to consider there Big Game (which I am going to test yet), and there Magnum or Hunter (which is listed in their load data) powder. Just a thought.

Tank

Last edited:
I was thinking the same on powders. Already have a pound of R19 and H4350. Will post pics of my new Kirby Allen built rifle and results of load testing

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.