Alliant Powder… Where??

Bullwhacker

Seems like most desirable Hodgdon and IMR powders are showing themselves with a little effort but Alliant powder is never in the drops I see. Am I just looking in the wrong spots or is it really that hard to find right now?

I contacted them on their website not long ago and they claim that they are sending products to wholesaiers. They would say which ones.. It seems if that were true , Powder Valley at least would have it.

Powder Valley had some about a month ago when I was checking it more often than I am now. I've stocked up on substitutes.

I've had good accuracy with RL23, 26 and 17. Several of my rifles loads are on there powders. Now I'm rethinking if I should be relying on Alliant powders if I can't ever find them when the market is tight.
Don't bother with RL 26 it's never around, and now many people figured out RL23 is better than 26 so it's becoming harder to find as well.

Took me 18 months to get a 5lber of rl25.... I traded a guy who bought it pre covid. Impossible to find the popular ones. I did see some online from a reputable dealer one time so far...

I suspect that the Swedish and Fin powders may get scarce due to the threats against those nations by russia and powder being directed to military applications. These powders are also used by other NATO countries as well. Reloder powders go within seconds these days from what Ive seen. Although I have all I need, I check often to see whats available and reloder series is almost non existent. I'd find alternatives. VV powders have shown up often and are the finest quality powders IMO but they may get scarce in the future also. Keep looking

Back in Nov thru early Feb we had almost nada. No Hodgdons, no Imr, no Alliant No vihtavuori, almost nothing but a little Accurate and Ramshot.

Once all the ships off Longbeach finally started getting unloaded the Hodgdons powders have become available again. Imrs too from Canada except there are no Endurons that I have seen. A little 4166 here and there but thats it.

Not much Alliant anywhere either.
Very little and very sporadic. RL 26 has become scarcer than Varget.

Vihtavuori powder if you want pistol powder or light rifle powder is plentiful.....but there is no N555, N560, N565, or N570. None.
There has been some N568 but thats all. Yes, I am worried Ukraine and Nato may soak up all the Alliant and Vihtavuori heavy rifle powders now. They are not available right now.

Primers.....we got small rifle primers out the wazoo.....Large Rifle and Large Rifle Magnum, not so much.....especially Federals.

Seems like most desirable Hodgdon and IMR powders are showing themselves with a little effort but Alliant powder is never in the drops I see. Am I just looking in the wrong spots or is it really that hard to find right now?
Very or next to impossible to find. Lucky that I found some RL 26 23 and 17 and a 8lb keg of H4350 at a great price

I see IMR showing more than any others. Since it's made in Canada that certainly helps. I use/have 4166, 4451 and 4955. That covers 4064/Varget, H4350 and H4831 classes. They work good for me.

Recent Posts