Alliant Powder… Where??

I'm seeing lots of Hodgdon and IMR and Ramshot. Hodgdon owns all three now. Hardly any Allient . Saw some RL25 few days ago. I haven't see any RL23 for 2 years. Still have 10 lbs of RL26. I sold some RL25 and RL22 to a buddy a couple weeks ago. Im seeing a lot of Retumbo, H45350, H4831 and Varget. Keep grabbing a couple pds. of Retumbo when I see it. Can't help it at $43 a pd. Have 28 lbs now 😳 have plenty of the others and H1000 which I haven't seen in awhile. I don't need primers but all I see are small rifle and small pistol lately. Ramshot Big game and Hunter $30. Haven't seen Magnum yet. Haven't used Ramshot powders yet. Have 3 big game now and one hunter. I read they are like 4831 and 4350.

Alliant powder is what i use for shotgun reloading and i have not seen any for about 2 years now. Red, Green, Blue or Clay Dot powders are and have been nonexistent for a long time in my area. I prefer Alliant powder for all reloading, but these days……

Alliant powder is what i use for shotgun reloading and i have not seen any for about 2 years now. Red, Green, Blue or Clay Dot powders are and have been nonexistent for a long time in my area. I prefer Alliant powder for all reloading, but these days……
Check Powder Valley from time to time. I may have seen some of the dot powders there, but I could be mistaken. I know they have had 700X which I used when I was shooting clays.

And here I thought my 10 lbs. would qualify me as a hoarder LOL! I can't say I won't buy another pound or two if available.
I only have 170 lbs. I'm not a hoarder. Im a preper. I learned in the 90's when Slick Willy was Prez. I ran out of primers . Never again will I run out of anything. I have enough of everything for two lifetimes and still enough for short minded friends.

Last edited:
FYI, Section 5601 of the Wyoming Fire Code prohibits the storage of more than 20 lbs of smokeless powder without a permit and the following General Regulation prohibits the storage of more than 50 lbs.

35-10-301. General regulations.

It shall be unlawful for any person or company to store any gunpowder or any other explosive material at a less distance than one thousand (1,000) feet from any house or habitation, when more than fifty (50) pounds are stored at the same place

I'm sure you meant to say "I only have 17 lbs." 😉

Last edited:
FYI, Section 5601 of the Wyoming Fire Code prohibits the storage of more than 20 lbs of smokeless powder without a permit and the following General Regulation prohibits the storage of more than 50 lbs.

35-10-301. General regulations.

It shall be unlawful for any person or company to store any gunpowder or any other explosive material at a less distance than one thousand (1,000) feet from any house or habitation, when more than fifty (50) pounds are stored at the same place

I'm sure you meant to say "I only have 17 lbs." 😉
I have them stored in 4 locations 😉
Secret locations... Primers stored separately of course.

Last edited:
I'm seeing lots of Hodgdon and IMR and Ramshot. Hodgdon owns all three now. Hardly any Allient . Saw some RL25 few days ago. I haven't see any RL23 for 2 years. Still have 10 lbs of RL26. I sold some RL25 and RL22 to a buddy a couple weeks ago. Im seeing a lot of Retumbo, H45350, H4831 and Varget. Keep grabbing a couple pds. of Retumbo when I see it. Can't help it at $43 a pd. Have 28 lbs now 😳 have plenty of the others and H1000 which I haven't seen in awhile. I don't need primers but all I see are small rifle and small pistol lately. Ramshot Big game and Hunter $30. Haven't seen Magnum yet. Haven't used Ramshot powders yet. Have 3 big game now and one hunter. I read they are like 4831 and 4350.
Magnum is at Midsouth shooters last I checked.

Recent Posts