Alliant cease production of canister powder

wvbearhunter

This is from Powder Valleys Facebook page
Screenshot_20240510_060219_DuckDuckGo.jpg

The vihtavuori double base powders are a pretty good replacement for the Alliant double base stuff.
N550 is just about there with RL17 and N560 is awfully close to RL26.

Ima figure out how to make this stuff in my backyard….or die trying!!!!! The latter is the more likely outcome I suppose.

Seriously though what we need are some smaller scale producers of smokeless powder not tied to large corporations, governments and their militaries or agencies, or ammunition manufacturers. Because with this bad news, the constant "what powder is hodgdon going to discontinue now?" Game, and the sporadic availability of everything else WHILE THE SHELVES ARE FULLY STOCKED WITH FACTORY AMMUNITION, OUR GOVERNMENTS CONTINUE TO SEND BILLIONS OF DOLLARS OF THE STUFF TO
UKRAINE, and military and law enforcement contracts are being filled no problem, it's obvious that they're making and able to make tons upon tons of the product, it's just that we peasant consumers are small fish in a very big pond….

We need some fellow small fish to manufacture gunpowder to sell us haha. Maybe it's a bad idea, I don't know, but the way I see it more competition is always a good thing and a few very big companies have all of us by the balls, charging whatever they feel like, supplying what we're after if and when the more important (and lucrative) consumers of global scale (and globalist Ideology) dont need all of it

Last edited: