All those looking for Winchester 300WSM brass (NEW).

lowlifechop

I contacted Winchester to find out about availability of this brass, and this was their response.

Note: Their answer does not have a "SCHEDULED PRODUCTION DATE" other than sometime in "2015". That could very well be December! Great!

Question:

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET AHOLD OF ( WSC300WSMU ). I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND THIS BRASS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW AND EVERY ON LINE AND LOCAL RETAILER HAS NOT HAD IT IN STOCK. I DO NOT CARE TO PURCHASE SUPPOSED ONCE FIRED BRASS DUE TO UNKNOWN HISTORY. IS THERE ANY WAY YOU COULD PUT ME IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE WHO HAS THIS IN STOCK, AND NOT ANOTHER WAITING LIST "PLEASE"! MY BRASS HAS REACHED ITS LIFE SPAN AND I NEED AT LEAST A HUNDRED MORE. THANK YOU FOR A GREAT PRODUCT AND DEDICATION. ROB
Answer:
This product is currently out of stock. It is scheduled for production in 2015, although no loading date has been currently assigned. The best way to obtain this product would be to place an order with a local dealer in your area. As soon as this product is made available, that dealer would receive a shipment. Best Regards, Technical Services Dept.

Seems like they make a limited run once a year. The last time i was able to purchase new Win.300WSM was just after the first of 2014. So hopefully it will be available in January of 2015.

"Olin Industries the almighty" ha ha.

I've been tempted to spend the extra cash and get Norma.

Sounds better than what Remington told me regarding 300 RUM brass. Rem said they are using all the brass for ammo and can't say when they would be offering brass again.

I suppose as a last resort you could buy 300 WSM ammo and either use it or pull it.

This is about the cheapest I have found:

Winchester® Super-X® Rifle .300 WSM 150 Grain PP 20 rounds - 95150, .300 WSM Ammo at Sportsman's Guide approx. !.85 a round. BUT at this price you might as well get Norma brass.

It sucks that it has to be this way. I tell folks all the time that they should see if they can get components before they buy a rifle chambered in X. Only alternative is to switch brands.

Best of luck.

I would get on the Midway web site and buy the best 300WSM brass that you can find-Norma. You will not be disappointed with this brass. It is uniform in weight and size and you can keep reloading it without split necks, or stretched primer pockets. I have some that I have loaded more than 10 times and I have never had to toss a single piece.

They "Winchester" have not yet released any reloading brass in 300 WSM. Who knows when they will. When I sent them an email "see first post at the top" they do limited runs. 2015 is not over yet! I wouldn't hold my breath either. There is plenty of demand for the product but I don't think they care about the profit margin of special caliber brass over making money for loaded ammo. Everyone "ammunition manufacturers" say they are running at full capacity and can't keep up. Hoarders scooping everything they get their hands on makes it hard for the rest of us not waiting for the apocalypse! When they finally do release some it's going to get scooped up and then we will still be in the same boat! I think, but I'm hopeful!

Winchester said they were planning on doing a run early 2015, well we are eight months in and still nothing. Soooo? It's anybody's guess what's really going to happen.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.