Ag composites stocks

Rem81

I have a Remington 700 Alaskan ti in 25-06 and the factory stock is getting sticky. I would like to replace with ag composite ag privateer stock. Looking at the specks it seems about 1 1/2 shorter than most stocks! Any one use this stock or have any pics also any comments? Also would one of their other stocks be better? Also would like a 2" or 3" rail on the forearm. Be using mostly in treestand hunting whitetails, but every once in a while will have an atlas bipod on it for coyote hunting or hunting out west.

The forend is pretty short on the Privateer, it's the same LOP as all their other stocks just has a slightly shorter forend. Between it and the CAT I prefer the CAT for the 2-3 oz more weight. Unless your after a ultralight build and counting ounces.

Just order it with 2 sling swivels up front and the stock will come drilled and tapped into the aluminum block and you can just unscrew the swivels and put the pic rail of your choice on. You might check with them on their spacing before you order a rail just so you know it will fit.

I like the cat for the length but don't know about the 1.75 forearm with the thin spotter barrel! If you get yours soon can you send me some pictures.

Here is my pair of Privateers.....

IMG_8583.JPG

IMG_7340.JPG

IMG_7298.JPG

The privateer is probably best suited in a short action like huntsman22.

The privateer is a shorter stock. It suits a rifle awesome with a shorter barrel in my opinion. I have a 20" barrel on mine and it's great.

One thing with ag stocks is you may need to request texture if it's an option. My stock is completely smooth. I've sort of grown to like the smoothness though.

For a .25-06. Is consider the sportsman. It has a longer forend. It is only available rh though. The cat could be an option if you are left hand or the privateer works with a longer barrel as well but I wouldn't say it's ideal in my opinion.

This is an ag privateer, terminus Apollo lite. 20" Rem sporter contour barrel. Triggertech and Hawkins m5 hunter dbm. Bare rifle weights 6.25lbs.

Attachments

• 6B862136-79D7-4485-A8F5-E6E0D9F1F9D0.jpeg
    6B862136-79D7-4485-A8F5-E6E0D9F1F9D0.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
I personally wouldn't worry about the 1/4" of extra width on the Sportsman or cat vs the Privateer but that's just my opinion.

If you can live with the shorter forend go privateer, if you want a cheekpiece go CAT and if you want a longer forend and no cheekpiece go Sportsman.

My dislike of short forends probably comes from having monkey arms and when shooting offhand I feel like my hand is to far back and there isn't enough room if i have a rail on it. Ymmv.

OK, '81. Here is a bronze sportsman. It has a 1" less LOP than the privateer. You can see there is not a lot of diff in foreend widths, but the sportsman is thicker and 'box-ier'..... I included a pic with 3 Chalk Branch stocks, also. The bronze and red one also is 1" shorter to fit mama.....

IMG_0446.JPG

IMG_0444.JPG

IMG_0443.JPG

IMG_0442.JPG
Thank you for the time to take the pictures! Think I like the extra length of the sportsman. By the by the way nice gun collection.