Affordable optics that track?

Have EP4 gen 2 for about 6 months now. For $360 I think it was an incredible deal.
Now we have lined them up with 2 to 3k scopes and theres no comparison on the glass quality but I will say that the Zero stop and turrets are just as good or maybe better. Has a good reticle.
This is not a scope for a "carry" hunting rifle. Its big and heavy.
Arken has a lifetime warranty and a tracking guarantee as well!

The arken ep5 is built like a tank! Tracks flawlessly. Mounted mine on my 300wm, on a 20Moa rail and with 20Moa one peace mount. Was still able to have 100 yard zero, have taken it to 2000+ yards multiple times now. It's heavy at just over 38oz's

Attachments

• 3287A22E-3C37-4951-9FC0-9714DAE32F49.jpeg
    3287A22E-3C37-4951-9FC0-9714DAE32F49.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
  • A5CB51E2-A447-4D53-8098-7CF06A111EA9.jpeg
    A5CB51E2-A447-4D53-8098-7CF06A111EA9.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 85
cheep, cheep - Sightron 3-16X42 STAC because the MOA2 reticle is not liked. Tracks good, optics acceptable but some funny features like markings on adjustment knobs & the little flip out thingy on power ring. 16X & 1/4 MOA dot works well for targets & rodents.

Ok I'm love my NXS for it holding zero and tracking. So I'm wondering if there is a cheap option out there that tracks and hold zero well. I know I will have to sacrifice glass quality going to cheaper glass. I can deal with lower quality picture just want the durability!
Check out SWFA, they have been good scopes at reasonable cost. im not a fan of Vortex. ive had to use their warrenty too much. Sightron also has some good scopes.

I highly suggest Tract scopes. I think mine was $1300 or so. It tracks perfectly. There are a number of box test videos on YouTube that show how well it tracks. Very good quality optic for not a huge dollar amount.
I have to agree. For the money you're getting superior glass, a great ballistic calculator, build quality equal to nightforce (LOW Japan), and "no BS lifetime warranty.

I'm w/ Hugnot....Sightron S-TAC line....I have 7 of them. My go to rig on my 7mm08 has been run out and back many, many times and has not yet failed to return to zero. I have 4x20's and the 3x16 models. Love them, and they are very capable out to 1k.
I was introduced to the S-TAC line by a well known builder, and haven't been in ant way disappointed. Friend of mine git into them the same time I did, and took 18 animals in Africa this past year dialing and doping out and back.
Matter of fact I'm setting up a m70 winny in 7mag this weekend for my brother in law and topping it with one.

Doug down at cameralandny.com has em beyond dirt cheap.....

Another vote for SWFA. For high value, reliably dialing optics, they are by far in a league of their own. Their fixed power scopes can be had for a few hundred, and they are tough as nails. Thier HD line runs a little more, but the glass in this line is way above it's price point. Thier MQ reticle is fantastic and I'd use the SWFA for that alone.

They are built in Japan, so you're not directly supporting big red China by trying to save a little coin on a good scope.

If SWFA doesn't offer something that trips your trigger, I'd go Sightron or Meopta.

I'm surprised at some of the responses; a couple of the brands recommended have well documented and widely experienced issues with tracking reliably. Expand your research to be model specific and ask specific questions of those who recommend a certain scope about thier round count, scope expectations and overall use profile.

Several of you recommended Arken for their ruggedness, but mentioned that they're heavy.

Arken just came out with with a LIGHTER weight series, in 4-16x and 6-24x.
$400 /430
FFP, and I loke the reticle.
23.7oz 👍🏼

Here:

These scopes check a lot of my boxes!! 😊
Matthias
I've been waiting forever for mine…..

Trijicons SFP tenmile scope is on sale for $800ish in eurooptic. Great deal on that scope from what I've read of the tenmiles reliability, function, and glass

cheep, cheep - Sightron 3-16X42 STAC because the MOA2 reticle is not liked. Tracks good, optics acceptable but some funny features like markings on adjustment knobs & the little flip out thingy on power ring. 16X & 1/4 MOA dot works well for targets & rodents.
The one thing I hate about s-tac I had one for 2 months is they have two elevation knobs instead of a proper windage turret

I've always been of the opinion that the Vortex PST and now the gen II have been a great scope for the money. They do most every thing really well and some things great. They have a reputation for poor reliability but none have failed me. Having said that, I don't run them hard and they're not on my top end long range rigs.

I must say what I've been hearing and reading makes me want to try out an Arken ask they seemed to have stepped up what Vortex is doing at half the price.