Advice on Leupold knock off vs Nikko Stirling

APEXPREDATOR1UT

I'll admit I was an idiot and got ripped off on a Leupold Mark 4 3.5x10 illuminated mil-dot reticle, adjusting turrets. Bought it online, (won't say how much but too much) after doing some research my understanding is that it is not completely worthless. Sniper forum had a guy said he liked it, (I'm always seeking advice from experience so please share). Made in China about $120. Other than getting ripped off it's not horrible for the msrp, but I've never fired a round with it so I don't know how it will hold up or if the scope tracking will be acceptable. I recently bought a Howa 7MM REM MAG with a Nikko Stirling game king scope it also has illumination, but it has laterals instead of mil-dots and is not adjustable other than to set the zero. With more research I find that it is made in Japan and it's msrp is $130, obviously theyr not American made badass optics but both are already paid for and it's going to be a minute before I can afford to upgrade to an actual Leupold and/or other quality American made optics I.E.Vortex, Redfield. As they sit Nikko Stirling is on 7MM and knock off Leupold is on Ruger American 22_250, the Nikko is zero'd dead nuts at 300m lowest lateral hits at 900m 22-250 not zero'd. I would like the ability of adjustment on the 7MM (killed my elk last year 512yards) big game being more important, while 22-250 coyote, bobcat, other small game not as far nor as important. My dilemma; is switching scopes risking total annihilation of the knock off with the power of the 7MM and the cost of the ammo worth trying or am I going to be out a (****) scope and ammo in having to zero multiple times on both rifles? Please help, any and all advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. After my recent divorce last thing I need is another kick in beanbag for another bad decision.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.