Admins should create an Acronym List

rogerstv

It took me forever to understand what others meant by a "can". I found out after searching that it is a suppressor. SAUM, SAMMI, RUM, ELD, COAL, CBTO, etc. etc. etc. definitions will be helpful to alot of readers.

Also, could you add a feature that indicates the thread starter. To me it is nice to follow the thread starter throughout a lengthy thread.

Thank you.

Bob R.

It took me forever to understand what others meant by a "can". I found out after searching that it is a suppressor. SAUM, SAMMI, RUM, ELD, COAL, CBTO, etc. etc. etc. definitions will be helpful to alot of readers.

Also, could you add a feature that indicates the thread starter. To me it is nice to follow the thread starter throughout a lengthy thread.

Thank you.

Bob R.
Hi @rogerstv Thank you for the suggestions. We are planning an update shortly for the site, and it includes the thread starter indicator you mentioned.
As far as acronym list, personally I'd like to replace acronyms with the full words...which can be done...we haven't made these changes yet...but we are working on it.

Thank you for the rapid reply. And, thank you ahead of time for the upcoming changes.

Not sure how you will keep from acronyms and abbreviations. As I tend to see a lot of quick replies to most threads, I suspect members would be more than willing to maintain a "wikipedia" type of list.