Adjusting Ballistic Program For True Sightron Scope Click Value

No the 'bullet impact relative to LOS' in MOA is just that(actual MOA), which is calculated as 60.1. Your click value has nothing to do with this.
What should have changed was his CLICKS accounting for 60.1moa.

In other words, if he were not adjusting, but holding over, the solution is 60.1, and not 57.8 regardless of how his scope adjusts.

Mike
Thanks I looked again and my clicks did change.
I feel like an idiot, but at least the program is working
properly.

Sorry to revive an old thread, but does that mean that for a 1/8 click Sightron, you would change it from a .125 to .130? My math shows .13025 and the program I am using rounds to the nearest hundredth. I am using the GSeven calculator.

Optic is a Sightron SII 4-16x42MD.

Yes that's right, but have you tested
your actual click value. It might actually
be .125 MOA.

How sure are you that the target was exactly 100 yds away from muzzle, instead of maybe 99 or 98?

Positive. It was lasered with a swaro. Now was I a few inches off one way or the other, mabye.

While we are on the subject should we actually be doing this test from the muzzle to the target or front objective of the scope to the target, especially with 30+ " barrels?

Somewhat of an IQ test,,
I vote external ballistics begins at the muzzle.
Muzzle Velocity, and drop from LOS beginning with muzzle release.

So if your barrel was 10yds long, MV and DROP begin from the muzzle -10yds from you.
Do I win anything?

Positive. It was lasered with a swaro. Now was I a few inches off one way or the other, mabye.

While we are on the subject should we actually be doing this test from the muzzle to the target or front objective of the scope to the target, especially with 30+ " barrels?

Cool just checking ..since we are measuring the scopes ability to track, it should be measured from the scopes tracking mechanism to the target

Somewhat of an IQ test,,
I vote external ballistics begins at the muzzle.
Muzzle Velocity, and drop from LOS beginning with muzzle release.

So if your barrel was 10yds long, MV and DROP begin from the muzzle -10yds from you.
Do I win anything?

I called nightforce and the rep gave me an honest answer and told me he didn't really know but if it was him he would measure from the muzzle.

Cool just checking ..since we are measuring the scopes ability to track, it should be measured from the scopes tracking mechanism to the target

No prob, I would have to agree with your statement.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.